Heidi Klum this week came out with this comment "I find David Beckham a bit too handsome - he thinks too much about what he's going to wear, and I don't find that attractive in a man."

Funnily enough my group of girlfriends were having a similar conversation just at the weekend. The general consensus was thought pretty much the same. I like guzzler to be well-dressed but not to the point where he's in front of the mirror constantly. That would just be euugh.

Take note lads. What do you think girls?

I agree wholeheartedly. A guy should be able to shower, dress and do his hair in 30 minutes.

Having said that, I think girls who spend an hour in front of the mirror each morning are ridiculous. I reckon it takes me 15-20 minutes max to get ready for work and 30 minutes if I'm going out.

Not if you rationalise it this way:

5min shower

5min shave

5min strut around in the nude

10 find/iron/put on clothes

5min do something with hair

I dunno, maybe some guys take less time. I'm just basing this on past observation with boyfriends.

Come on Nicole, a guy (or girl) should be able to do what ever he damned well likes, and if that means pissing around taking the time to dress better than most chicks then so be it.

Who the hell gives anyone the right to scribe forth the rules of life? Don't dress that way, be in line with this, conform to the average in society, be one dimensional, criticise people for not being creative when strangling creative freedom yourself by the very rules that you construct and then judge them by.

My advice is to make your own rules the take full accountability for the outcome, but don't stand for anyone judging you poorly just because you do not conform to their more than likely piss hole in the snow narrow beliefs.

But damn, if the trash press quotes a celeb as saying it then who are we to question.

(It just so happens that I have been an on-and-off utter slob for over a year now, but that is my choice, not someone else's rules. I also think the loads of ineffectual Beckam wannabes in London look like tossers, but that is their choice and my shortcoming for giving a crap about how someone chooses to use their freedom).

Gamera, point taken. Maybe I don't portray myself as a 'live and let live' kinda person on here, but I'm pretty easygoing in real life. I didn't mean to offend you/anyone with my comments!

011, funnily enough I've never had an italian boyfriend!

Quote:
Originally posted by grungy-gonads:
I'm very well dressed and well groomed too.

Please contact me by PM.

\:\)
So why are your gonads grungy?
Ahh...I see. Well dressed and well groomed doesn't necessarily mean that you have good personal hygiene.

PS...Did you get my PM?

I used to spend ages getting ready to go out when I was a student. The vast majority of that time though was spent dancing, drinking and singing getting ready. Had to be in the mood. lol.gif

I reckon Nicole is spot on, 30 mins is about right. Or if I'm going out somewhere a bit fancy I'd say 45 mins(providing I've already ironed my clothes):

15 mins for a shower

10 mins for a shave

5 mins looking for stuff

10 mins dressing and farting around with my hair

5 mins for the obligatory can of beer or glass of wine pre-departure.

45 mins.