Hi, dunno if anyone's brought this up yet, but I've just seen the trailer for the movie 'First Descent' on Apple trailers and was wondering what peoples thoughts on this movie are.

I, despite being a snowboarder, havent much clue on the history of boarding, and as of yet I've not looked into it. Do people think that the film may be omitting anything significant about the imergence of the sport? Also, how worth while do you it is making a film like this is?

What I will say though, is that some of the footage in the trailer was impressive and it seems to go into Alaskan heli-boarding, so it is not looking only back on the sport.

It's on Apple Trailers, so I assume (as sake says) it will probably be viewed and treated in the same way Dogtown was. In as far as distribution goes anyway. So I expect it will get a limited international release. I don't see why not anyway.

• 3 months later...

I saw it at the cinema yesterday. It was pretty good although a bit long and drawn out in some places. I personally think they focused a bit too heavily on the history of the sport and spent too little time on the present day/future of the sport.

Other than that, it was shot really well and the action was great.

There were only five people in the cinema (including me and my boyfriend) so I'm guessing it's been a bit of a flop financially.