The only surprise is that is took so long for this to happen. It has been seemering for a while. It is only the beginning of things to come. It is going to become much worse. The rest of europe will suffer the same fate. blessed is japan with its tough requirements to acquire its nationality.

The French people who are suprised by what is happening are either idiots or hypocrits.

4700 cars burnt in a week.

I am hearing it is a result of

a) heavy migration into France by underprivileged/have-nots

B) French racism

c) arsehole teenagers in hooded tops that think they can do what ever they like (racist or not, they should be deported, or not granted entry in the first place)

Racial mixing seldom brings about the best results and I am starting to think Japan gains more than it loses by its protectionist or perhaps selective policy towards 3rd world migration/migration in general.

Quote:
Originally posted by montoya:
 Quote:
Originally posted by British Potato Council:

Racial mixing seldom brings about the best results
BPC are you just talking smack, or do you really believe that?
It is a touchy thing to say, and I am a first hand very happy beneficiary of racial mixing, but I think on a macro scale there are few races which truly mix well. The French simply do not mix (integrate) and so should not have opened their borders as they did. I often think that Japan is better off having maintained a restrictive policy towards immigration and voluminous attempts at multiculturalism. It simply wouldn't work.

Australia and parts of the America seem to have done ok and come out better off as nations of mixed races, but the results seem to be better where certain nationalities are involved. I may well get in trouble here: In my Australian experience, Greeks, Italian, Vietnamese, Chinese are examples of 'more successful' racial mixes within the community. I would never want Australia to be without them.

England has had some success and some failures. At times it seems like London is anyone's city these days, not necessarily English anymore. You do not see huge numbers of Italians, Greeks, Vietnamese people living in London and it is my personal opinion that London's migrant mix is less harmonious for the lack of these warm groups of people. Tensions do not flare so much here as the British Anglo-Saxons appear to be generously accommodating and adaptable people when it comes to other races. Outside of London I hear of serious problems between migrant groups: Caribbean black people hate central African blacks. And Middle Eastern people, including Pakistan, hate Caribbean blacks with a dangerous amount of passion.

I hope I did not inflame nor offend.
 Quote:
Originally posted by British Potato Council:

c) arsehole teenagers in hooded tops that think they can do what ever they like (racist or not, they should be deported, or not granted entry in the first place)

interesting thing to go with this is that a good number (I dont have the figures) of Sarkozy's "scum" are French citizens, were born in France and cant be deported anywhere.
"we are French and we are not going anywhere, so you better get used to it" one was quoted as saying.

Strictly speaking, I would say "racial mixing" (although a rather indelicate term) is all an experiment-in-progress that has, as of yet, resulted in very little success. However, the scope of the experiment is considerably larger than the minimal time period so far allowed. It has only been generally accepted that races other than white were "equals" by whites (and still not all accept this) for less than a century. There will be no complete success until not only all people accept this, but it actually becomes true in practice. This means that a person of any race have the same opportunities for education, employment, housing, freedom from harassment, and any number of other privileges that whites enjoy due to their centuries of domination. It is a long road ahead and I imagine there will be plenty more burnt cars along the way.

For an interesting look at issues of race in France, I recommend the film La Haine

• 1 month later...