We have some election things going on around here at the moment, and the last few days on the way to work driving along Route 17, at some of the big junctions there have been some of the yoroshiku onegai shimasu guys standing there with their flags and waving to everyone driving by. There were 3 I saw this morning. All of them waving ever so friendly.

I thought that was so nice. It's good to see them doing something so useful.

If I had a vote I'd be torn.

While one of them said "issho kenmei gambarimasu", another was promising to do the same but "saigo no saigo made", which I found to be very impressive and sincere. However the first on also said "dozo yoroshiku onegai itashimasu" about 4 times. So I'm not sure who I'd vote for.

With all this waving & useful detailed information for voters, you'd wonder how they could choose. confused.gif

They don't seem to do the mike thing here in inaka. What impresses me is how many times they can say the yoroshikus once after another with a few gambarimases in there as well. That is the key, I think.

I prefer the ones who have been to jail and weep. I think that shows real sincerity. It shows they don't give up easily and have a lot of practical experience in life.

I always wondered why polls are so keen on the two-handed hand shake. I think they're trying to show you that, even though they've got close to you, they don't have even one hand in your pocket.

What is the point of waving to drivers? Are some of those people going to think "oh, he's waving at me early in the morning - must be a top bloke"? I'd just think "what a plonker". Just don't get it.

One of the guys doing the shouting today apparently will do the saigo no saigo made thing but also be very genki about it. He was also dropping lots of gambarimasses and yoroshikus. He was also leaning out of the window of his van waving at us.

He sounds like a vote winner to me.

I like that when you describe some Japanese as they are in a English sentence with Romanji.

\:\)

But it's really annoying when they speak loud early in the morning when you are still in bed, isn't it?

The people I spoke to seem to find it annoying. They just don't do anything though and yes shikata ga nai.

Anyway, it seems that the saigo no saigo made dude didn't win, which was a shame as I thought that was a great line to stand on. It seems that the guy who won was the one who stood at the main intersection waving at passers by early in the morning and whose main message was genki de isshoken mei gambarimasu. Well, I suppose if he lives up to those promises he should do a damn fine job.

;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by muikabochi:
saigo no saigo made

genki de isshoken mei gambarimasu.
;\)
I'm impressed that you describe them correct.
I'm sure it's a bit hard for you to get them that right.

thumbsup.gif