Recently I just don't seem to be able to stop buying books and reading. Hardly a bad habit to have I suppose, but I am really getting through books.... on average at least one a week. The TV is hardly on, but getting less sleep and not going out much. Really enjoying it though.

How much do you read?

I go through periods like which are describing, mumbojumbo. And during those periods I'll buy way more books than I could possibly read in the intended timeframe. Like you mentioned, it's not that bad of a habit to have!

I read on average 3 hours a day, but that can be up't to 5-8 at certain times.

When I've got a good book on the go everyhing else can go by the wayside. People wonder what they'll do when they're old and have lots of spare time. No problem for me, I'll be more than happy to read.

am reading about two books a week - my library has a kickass collection of english books which is feeding my habit.

should probably be spending my time studying japanese or something, but how can i, when i've got the entire works of raymond chandler to get through?

i teach elementary school. whereas once i used to be a good AET & did stuff like cleaning with the kids, i now use that time to catch up on my reading.

slack, i know.

but i figure it's crucial in order to maintain my sanity in a small town with few english speakers.

any suggestions for good books? if it's vaguely popular/classic my library probably has it..

& nope, not kiddie books. i'm working through raymond chandler, done jd salinger & murakami, next stop is probably nabokov?

shinydiscoball _ stupid question but have you read dan brown? seems to be working out for everyone else around the world.

my brother likes grisham & also likes matthew reilly, some young aussie guy.

but i've not read his work so don't blame me, okay?