Ink-work in Japan (& surfing)

World pro surfing competition just concluded in epic conditions. NPM can likely comment further.

Besides the excellent waves and the seemingly astonishing quality of the competitive event, I found this to be quite interesting:

050901184956.jpg

Quote:
Fred Patacchia training for his Round 2 heat against Renan Rocha. Hotel officials made Fred wear a rashguard in the pool because he has tattoos. In Japan, tattoos are associated with the Yakuza (Japanese mafia).

Tattoos are a beautiful thing!! Although I have seen some stupid tattoos. I haven't had any problems going into onsens (touch wood), I think it all depends on attitude and I don't exactly look like yakuza (although they offered me work, that's another story).

Back to the waves.....

PS I think discoballs are stupid!! ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by sava:
What does "out of day" mean?

I think with a name like sakebomb you must be yakuza and you are no longer welcome in these forums unless you wear a rashshirt.
C'mon sava get with the lingo mate... rashie, rashguard.. \:D

There's a fat girl in our office who has a tattoo on her back, you know like a ton of trollops do in the UK now. She thinks she's really sexy. In fact, she just looks ridiculous. (And like a trollop).

Thought I'd just mention that.

You should she what she's saying about you over on the happyhourhogs.com forum that she hangs out in. "There's a right snotty prick in our office that wants to climb on me. He's always staring he is. But the little faggot don't got no tats at all, so he can just keep staring!"

Tramp stamp...

Don't have any tats myself and don't want any. Some of them look really crap on some people, while others have good ones and wear them well.

They have very deep cultural significance in many Polynesian cultures, amongst others. Not necessarily stupid at all.

Neckties are stupid. I'm well aquainted with this form of adornment stupidity as I'm forced into it at least once every week. There is no valuable cultural significance to the wearing of them that I can decipher. A friend of mine calls them "dick pointers". I read another take on their symbolic imagary once which viewed them, when worn with a suit, to a part of the female anatomy. Whatever they're about, neckties are uncomfortable and stupid if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Oyuki kigan:
I`m gonna get stupid as soon as i have enough money and can find a good tattoo parlour in Tokyo. Anyone know any good ones?

Then i will try surfing
well when ya go surfing don't forget ya rashie!

If you do get a tatt, you should go to a Yak place where they do the "Wabori" method by using needles not a gun like the fast food tatt joints. Though to get in you will need to "know" someone..

Mine is in design stage...

Ocean11, no she can't show it off in the office (financial very stuffy office you know the type) - on nights out and the like when she shows it off, proud as she is.

I find tattoos a complete turnoff, I just cannot see the appeal.... and there's just so many lemmings getting them done now.

I noticed so many tattoos this summer. I think they look mostly silly too.

There's so many now, it's almost as if NOT having one is a statement now and the fashionable thing. haha.