The FOOTBALL Thread (2005-2006)

Can anyone confirm if the Premiership is going to be on Sky110 (Sky Perfect 110, the high vision one) next season? Looking at their website and pamphlets I cant work it out.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know. But not much on that 110 version of sky - the normal version is much better generally (even if you don't get the hi vision)

Looking at the pamphlet it seems BBC World, Fox etc and those main channels are all on 110. There seems to be some kind of soccer package available on 110 but Im not sure if its J-sports 1,2,3 or something else. So Im worried it wont have all the games on.

I should just call them but Im at work until late everyday, then I go the doctors, and I have no keitai or home phone, so its a bit of a mare.

No. They only have a few games every now and again on jsports (they seem to be used as an overflow).

The real Premiership package is on the ppv channels - sign up for the "Skapa Soccer Selection" (code F20) for 2100 yen and you get most of the games. This last season they were showing about 5 games a week live on that (probably one of those was on Jsports live and some repeats).

This is all for normal sky perfect, not that 110 service. And of course, best to only sign up for that in August when the season starts.

Make sense?

OK I think they have that soccer selection pack on 110.

Anyway surely it is all high vision now for the football. Football is one the main sellers for SKy in UK and also Japan, and its all available in HDTV now - even in the UK you can get it in HDTV now.

No it isn't all hi vision as far as I know the only hi vision is going on BS hi vision channel. I'd be happy if someone was able to correct me with other good news.

Basically yeah, if you go to a electronics shop all the TVs are digital. maybe 10% are the old type. And in 2011 non-digital broadcasts will end and you will have to get a digital TV.

Theres about 7 free high vision channels, plus a load from Sky on CS supposedly.

Ive been out of Japan for 2 years but 2 years ago they had english commentary on Sky. Im sure its still there. You gotta change the audio channel via the remote of course to get it.

As for high vision on CS, well they have a full CS110 package and information so I assume it is in high vision. If not, why bother sending up a new sattelite to broadcast and having a totally different subscription package with different channels etc?

I havent phoned to check but Id be stunned if CS110 isnt all high vision. In fact I will be quite pee'd off as I just bought a digital TV expecting to get the premiership in high vision next season.

bobby12

English is there on the Premier games as the subchannel commentary.

BUT it is not there on these World Cup games.

Also please look here:

http://faq.customer.skyperfectv.co.jp/EokpControl?site=110&lang=ja&tid=11326&event=FE0006

ハイビジョン放送 2チャンネル

There you have it. 2 channels.

You will not be getting premiership in hi vision.

Is there any particular reason why you favour 110 over normal SkyPerfect? You seem very intent on that version of sky.....

I bought a BS110/CS antenna so I have to use CS110 really. If I want normal CS I have to buy a another antenna. I presumed that CS110 was all high vision, so Im quite pee'd off that it is basically just a regular CS with much less channels. However I guess in future they will slowly add more high vision channels.

I wouldn't hold your breath, mate. I remember when I got all my kit they were talking about it but it doesn't seem to have happened. But if you get the gear you'll be ready I suppose.

New premiership dates will be announced fairly soon I would think -the first game is usually mid-August isn't it?

Its a bit annoying because they use the UK coverage, and in the UK from around Feb this year its been in high vision. Maybe from this season in Japan itll be high vision, we will see.

Just had a look round and couldn't find any news on the fixtures.

Then I looked at the top of this thread and saw scouser posted it on the day the fixtures were released last year.

That was, da daaaaa.....

posted 23 June, 2005 06:04 PM

So fairly soon then.

Hi wave.gif

Date Set For New Premiership Fixtures

The 2006 World Cup finals in Germany is football’s main talking point at the moment, but attention shifts back to the domestic game - for a few hours at least - when the 2006/07 fixtures are announced next week.

Next season's Premiership fixtures will be revealed at 10:00 BST on Thursday 22 June.

Seems like Craig Bellamy is on the way to Anfield - I believe mr wiggles tipped something along those lines a few months back on this thread.

I think its a decent move, hes not too old and hes cheap at 6 million when you consider how much we paid for Cisse and the like.

I was quite impressed with him last season. He has well known temper problems but I think that can be harnessed well in the right environment, and he is also supposedly a liverpool fan.

Im also starting to feel better about Owen not coming back now.