How good was yesterdays weather!

Anyway decided to take the family down to the local park to have a picnic. Plenty of fun stuff for my daughter to enjoy, you know the slides etc.

So this oyagi turns up by himself and whips out his camera and begins following me and my daughter around the play area a little to close (I have a thing about personal space). He seems friendly but suddenly he puts the camera in my daughters face to take a photo, no asking didn't say a thing. At this point I put my hand over the lens and told him politely that it wasn't in his best interest to take a photo (no Sean Penn action here) to which he apologised and walked away and began photographing other children.

If he had asked maybe I might have agreed but the situation seemed creepy.

My question is - did I over react?

I know a few of you are parents, what would you have done? Am I being an oyabaka (my daughter is pretty cute ;\) ) but this kinda bugged me a bit!! wakaranai.gif

I would have asked "what are you doing?" The guy might have been harmless but going that close and without asking is weird in my book. You gotta weary of those dirty jiji's.

It annoys me that when outside with my son so many people stop and turn around and do the whole kawaii bit. My wife took her mum's dog out once and people kept stopping us like they had never seen one before. Whats with that?

It was definetely weird Indo, I thought I would be polite once, he got the message quick. I didn't really want to cause a scene but next time something like this happens I might be a little more less forgiving.

Just be aware where your kids are and who else is around is all I can say.

I sympathise with the kawaii bit, I just started saying I know, people generally shutup and go then!!