Beckham .....is he.......?

Beckham as the idol/media figure? Yes of course.

As a footie player? Maybe a little, although it's hard to know where how much of his "rating" comes from the image or the footie skills.

As a Liverpool fan, we love it when he's in an England shirt. But don't like him when he's in the Man Utd shirt.

When he is on form, he has one of the best right foot skills in any player. He isn't playing too well this season yet, with just spurts of brilliance and then back to mediocre play. (Man Utd all over!)

Im with you scouser being a Pool fan myself - a couple of trips to Wembley in the eighties - I can't help thinking hes a bit one sided. He wants to play centre mid but I dont know if he is up to it. Great ride winger but no Gerard......

It's all right being one sided if you can completely dominate there, he's just not doing that right now. For Englands sake I hope he gets back to the boil.

Gerrard is awesome - if he would have been at the WC, I'm sure it would have been a different story all together. Class player. And a scouser to boot.

A bit snidey on the field. Lots of little sly ankle taps, arms in the face, mouthing off. Dives when touched. Should have been booked for diving against Brazil. Still tries to get away with unnecessary stuff like that flick against Simeone. Petulant rather than full-blooded like Keano or Vieira. If you're going to kick someone, do it hard. For the fans, at least.

Obviously great crosser of the ball and striker of a dead ball. Can dribble when he puts his mind to it, tho no Giggs.

Dodgy accent.

Interesting dilemma for Sven Gordon when Gary Neville gets fit. He's been playing with Beckham for donkeys, and he'll be the guy Beckham plays best with. I've not seen much of Stevie G, but he's been playing with Owen since they were 11, and the understanding betwen them puts him near the front of the queue. Could be hard on Nicky Butt though.

Owen blows hot and cold, but he makes so many of his own chances with his pace. When he's on form, he's incredible. That FA Cup final. Two half chances-two goals. Against Arsenal. In a huge match. Stuff of legends.

In the World Cup, he scored twice, got fouled for Beck's pen and got in the keeper's way for the Sol Campbell header. Involved in four out of England's six goals. Can't complain at that. Got terrible service the entire tournament as well.

Young Rio -thirty mill? More than Ronaldo! You've got to wonder.

Nofakie is bang on Owen is a legend....

Rio Ferdinand is good but not that good.

Beckham flatters to deceive time and again and throws a huff when he doesnT get his own way....bit spoilt too much media. If he was that great a midfielder, Ferguson wouldnt need to buy Veron or use Keane. Beckham cant tackle and rarely uses his left foot....

Now Barry Ferguson.......

I saw some highlights from the UEFA cup Man Utd match last night.

Is Beckham nurturing a, dare I say it, MULLET there?? eek.gif It's a bit Rod Stewart right now but another month or so we may be seeing the re-emergence of the mullet as the height of fashion.

Cue mullet thread revival. :p

• 2 weeks later...