Yoda nails 1080 backflip in new movie

Anyone see Episode 2 yet....Yoda rocks and has clearly spent a bit of time indulging in some extreme sports.....probably on Hoth somewhere......look out for the light saber dinner roll......

Yoda's made of computer graphics in the new one, not the classic latex. Maybe they couldn't do a 1080 with all those strings. There's a good Yoda bit when it all kicks off near the end, but the love story before it is well tedious. On the whole it's better than that last one. The mad guy from "Once Were Warriors" (think "Nil By Mouth" in NZ) makes a welcome appearance, there's a big Ray Harryhausen type sequence, one character is called Darth Sidious (!) and JarJar Binks is kept to a minimum.

Saw an advance showing at my local theatre

I agree with nofakie the romance bit sucks a lbit but at least r2 and co seem on form and there are stormtroopers...sometimes the simple dialogue scenes are bit too busy....

and yes, Yoda rules!

Interesting observation, NoFakie. I've got a latex fetish party coming up, and I'll look to Yoda for hints on how to apply CG to my costume.

"Drink not that triple shot of Malibu, or you will be blind to the golden shower of the Force!"

I see that the lack of an outlet provided by healthy winter sports has driven badmigraine back to his old deviations. Malibu eh? Tsk...

So George 'Luke' Lucas is now trying to cash in on the popularity of snowboarding to promote his tiresome Star Wars is he? He has no shame.

The classic quote on Star Wars is from Harrison Ford during the making of the first one.

"You can type this sh!t George, but you can't say it!"

The same George Lucas has written a romance into this new film. You can guess the results. The romance aspect of Spiderman, for example, is much better done.

Nice battle though. Compared to Russell Crowe wielding a sword (as if...), Star Wars wins big time. The last one had too much focus on a little kid and an animal with a stupid voice, but when everyone starts piling in, Star Wars is well entertaining.

Good to see you back Migraine. Same as ever, I see.

O ye of little faith.

NoFakie no speak with um forked tongue cool.gif

I'd heard it before, but Philip French of the Observer put it in his review.

http://film.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/Critic_Review/Observer_review/0,4267,714042,00.html

The Guardian's reviewer refers to Lucas writing the script with "his trusty crayon".

Yeah, it's a well known quote. It seems to get quoted in most any documentation of the Phenomenon. And rightly so.

I suppose I should Force myself to watch The Empire Strikes Back, as I have been loaned the box set by a fanatic, but somehow, I always find something, anything, to do that seems more enjoyable.

Anyone else watch Phantom Menace last night. I realised for the first time just what a big pile of poo it really is.

• 2 weeks later...

tsukai furusareta

arifureta

dasai

The fifth time some strange looking dude in a hairy kimono says 'Usse the Forsss Luke' and you think 'Christ! Enough already', that's how you recognize 'corny'.

The Beatles seem pretty corny to me now.

tsukai furusareta

arifureta

dasai

Not sure what all that is, but Star Wars rocks. It does, doesn't it. And Yoda will be boarding in Episode 3, George told me so.

mort, those are possible Japanese equivalents of 'corny'.

Star Wars doesn't rock. If you think that, you obviously haven't seen any films with good storylines, good character development, meaningful action, and class acting.

Ocean...I think we all agree that the new SW movies suck but surely you can recognise the class involved in the early series, Yes its corny...its about laser guns light sabers and hairy walking men big and tall! But thats what makes it great. Theres no such thing as a non corny space movie....

• 2 months later...