Internet - frighteningly addictive....? Is it just me?

I spend far too much time looking at my collection of fave sites.

I've only just signed up and posted on here for the first time now, even though I've been reading the thing often over the last season. Perhaps a big mistake, meaning I might be on here much more than before.

Anyone else feel they are "using" the internet too much? Anything to wean me off before it gets worse?

R

[This message has been edited by HoTRoD (edited 11 May 2002).]

Very much so.

But - why are there people who keep on saying that they've been enjoying the forum for ages and then suddently decide to post? What's that then?

• 6 years later...

Yeah Mr Snowhunter thinks I am addictedt to SJ. I check out the Daily Reports, Web Cams and forums regularly. THEN on the other he spends HOURS & HOURS on Ebay and Online war games which neither interest me.

So yeah I maybe addicted but you have to be addicted to something smile

as snowhunter said ... you gotta be addicted to something ... and SJ is far less damaging to health and wealth than some other addictions.

Life is my main game. I have yet to find the end of it, and hope I don;t for a while yet.

I'm afraid I cannot "get" the appeal of online gaming. I prefer to see the oponent when I play a game, I also like to be able to refer the surroundings to the real world, so dungeosn and dragons stuff are not appealing. Dwarves, dragons, elves etc do nothing for me.

My preference is something like chess, where there is a bit of strategy, planning and drama.

Ah JA you might be into LAN gaming then if you like the physical interaction. Personally I love escaping into another world each night. If I didn't do that I might actually have to spend the whole night with the wife! God forbid!!

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Like hell I will be! I'll still be working full time, she'll take 6 or so months off. She's on duty 24x7, not me.

lol just you wait and see GN
Originally Posted By: stemik
Like hell I will be! I'll still be working full time, she'll take 6 or so months off. She's on duty 24x7, not me.

lol just you wait and see GN

rollabout

I'm with the others! rollabout

As for internet being addictive - can be, yup! I also do not see the online gaming attraction but my kids do, and spend countless hours doing it. We try and balance it out for them by dragging them on a long rope behind a high powered boat or taking them on ski trips! biggrin

Funny, I once heard myself say that! Guess what? It didn't work for any of the 3 I managed to produce - as part of a couple of partnerships.

We shall see!