SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  

Newspapers

Wondering if you get a newspaper and which of the main 2 - the Japan Times and Daily Yomiuri - you prefer? I am thinking of subscribing to one, that's why I ask.

Thanks in advance.

I prefer the Daily Yomiuri.

The supplements are a big plus with that one.

Sunday DY with the Observer suppliment is as close to a real paper as you'll get here.

It's the Independant on Sunday isn't it Davo?

I don't get a daily paper - use the internet more.

I don't get them either, but when I have seen them I prefer the Yomiuri.

I don't get a paper either but from what I've seen the Yomiuri seems better. Not impressed with either tho'

I've been getting the Japan times for the last 8 months. I always keep a few copies in the bathroom just in case I run out of toilet roll.

The observer supplement on Sunday is about the only thing worth reading in it (plus maybe the weather report)

I wouldn't get it myself if I didn't get it free at work.

I get to read the Daily Yomiuri more than the Japan Times, but they're both kinda throwaway, don't you think? Japan Times seems to be slower on some news items too.

Domestic news: Nikkei, Asahi

International: WSJ, Boston Globe

Others : NPR on web

JT, IHT and DY are not even close.

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.