just need to vent a bit...

so I'm trying to get my apt. connected to the digital world...and it has been such a pain!!!

they need to come in and install something, but they will only do it during the work week and during normal work hrs...I have an hr commute each way, and cant possibly be home for it!!!!

So they tell me I should take a vacation!

You have got to be kidding me! Use a paid vacation day for this $#@%^! \:\(

I could go on...but i won't...

thanks for listening

danz

There is no land line from previous peoples in your place?

If you had one then you can tell NTT to disappear into some dark hole(in a more offensive way) and have them flick the switch at the main line.

Sounds though like you have no other option but to use that paid holiday.

Unless you can drill a hole through the wall find a the neighbours phone line and splice into that! If not in an apartment complex check the telegraph poles close buy for the neighbours line!

A grand impossibility I know, but you might feel a little better about the whole situation when you think of ways to PO the world. I know this type fo stuff helps me in similar situations.

I might be wasting my time...but I am trying to take this to the top...

the chain of command is

me -> kddi -> eAccess -> NTT

after 30min of complaining to kddi I finally convinced them to give me the phone# of eaccess...my plan is to bother eaccess until I can get in touch directly with the part of NTT that is responsible for setting my stuff up...

then toss in some suupa-gaijin-powa, and things will go my way, right??

whatever happened to "okyakusama"??

danz

Go danz! Go DANZ!!

That's the way to do it, "Make Enemies and Influence People"!

I don't reckon this country's economy will go anywhere until this sort of sh!t stops happening. I saw in the paper today (front page mind you) that the Post Office is going to have it's ATMs running 24 hours a day! Can you imagine! The effort involved!

Good on you mate. You may ski, but I look at you with new respect.

Not only do you have to do things during daytime hours, but also forget about getting things done during lunch time in many cases. Don't serve the customers needs- go to lunch, that's far more important. More like out-to-lunch really. Good luck with getting online.

Danz you are dealing with KDDI?! Those guys are rouges!

They tried to charge me 10 yen for a service I didn't ask for in the first place and when I rang them up and told them I never asked for it nor did I want it they said okay, but they had to charge me for another two months becasue the time I called them was too late! CAN YOU BELEIVE THIS!!! mad.gif BTW, the time I called was at the begining of the month!

I promptly dug into the guy I was talking to on the phone telling him there was no way I was going to pay for two months of somehting I didn't want! After 15 mins of talking to the bone head stuck behind a huge wall, I told him to get his Bucho on the phone.

Bucho came on and I gave him the same spiel.

Well the result was I got out of paying the 2nd month's 10 yen but agreed to pay the current month.

Some of you might say it is only 20 yen! But I rest my case with this; there are 120+ million people living in this country.

Gaijin Power! I think we should patent this, trade it and market it!!!

The shikattaganai attitude sucks. Ive asked my students not to use it for one day, or try to look at it in a different way, theres almost usually something you can do, but the Japanese sure seem to love using it dont they?? Geeze, things like that Danz gives me an itch where the sun dont shine. Youre supply is out?!! eek.gif I think, you, Yoda, me, and some other SJG people should have a nice little party at my place - Ill make ya forget any worries ya got mate!

everybody else: I agree with you - GAIJIN POWER... lets change this country and make it a better place - we know the Japanese wont change it

thanks for all the support in here!

appreciate it...

I find phones weaken my gaijin power...its like kryptonite...but that is mainly because speaking japanese on the phone is 100x more difficult than in person...

anyway...had the same ol conversation with eaccess...NTT is up next..they are supposed to call me next week...

GO GO GO GAAAAAIIIIIIIJJJJJJJIIIIIIINNNN

danz

Raury, 'shikattaganai' is a commonly heard expression in Japan meaning roughly 'I'm a lazy git who has been indoctrinated from birth with notions of harmony and never actually standing up for what you think is right. I am not going to do anything about this patently wrong situation, and I urge you and everybody else not to either'.

Sometimes it's used by a person with power or authority, in which case it means 'Shut up and p!ss off. I'm relying on the succes of your indoctrination, and I'm sure I won't be disappointed.'

It's usually translated as 'It can't be helped'. Of course, it's not a monopoly of the Japanese, but one does hear it rather a lot here.

I feel for you danz \ When in Sapporo I had a similar kind of run in with NTT- After finally getting my hook up for the internet sorted they informed me that because it was the middle of the monthi would have to wait til the next month for service- not because it couldnt be connected now but because their billing system started the beginning of each month- I told them fine - bill me for this whole month and lets roll - concept was beyond them- in short had to wait for the three weeks for something that woulsd take five minutes back home- Monopolies suck