When working for other people I try assidiously to never give more than about 85%. Never really want them to see what I am capable of as they'd then expect it all the time! And I've never worked for anyone who'd I'd be preparted to give that much of myself.

Now I'm my own boss I only have to work to my own expectations which thankfully aren't very high :lol:

In the context of a sports team, it annoys immensely! To give 110% actually means to do 10% more than you're capacity.

If I were coach and the players were underperforming, I'd expect them to increase the level of performance.

However, if a player is expected to give 10% MORE than they are capable of, that sux big time!

I've been watching this years "Celebrity Apprentice" on Youtube. There's a running joke on how many times Lou Ferrigno says....110%.

Conversely, I've always been perplexed when people say...."I'm doing the best I can". Basically you are admitting that you suck and your best isn't cutting it.

If I ever heard that from an employee.....I'd fire their ass.

From my miniscule knowledge of sports psychology, people can easily eff things up because they are trying too hard.

The best performances tend to come in a state of relaxed concentration. See Federer/Sampras, Germans in penalty shootouts, etc.

I've been watching this years "Celebrity Apprentice" on Youtube. There's a running joke on how many times Lou Ferrigno says....110%. .

Damn you, Chriselle!

I'm bound to get hooked on that now.

Is 'Ivanka' on it again? :evilgrin:

Parents are recording the UK Apprentice which is on now, so I'll watch that one in August.

Not usually into that kind of program, but I find the Apprentice somehow addictive.

Interesting to see who comes over as smart -- and the opposite. And how even smart people can say really dumb things.

The reason I was watching this season was because Adam Carolla was on it. He and Penn Jillett should have made it all the way. Dianna certainly is easy on the eyes but like most hot chicks....useless.

The show is so cooked by the producers but........it's still addictive.

Don't spoilt it for me with results!

In the UK, Sir Alan Sugar. Just call him "Sir Alan".

:lol:

I don't think they have done a celeb one in the UK, thank god, just normal egotistical dipsticks.

Yes, it's quite funny especially when you watch the episodes in succession like on youtube. When it's only once a week maybe you don't pick up on so much. Adam Carolla was making funny about it on his podcast a while back....good stuff.

Apprentice is an entertaining show, only seen the UK one.

Always a thoroughly dislikable egomaniacs on show. Some of the things they come out with.