Besides English and possibly Japanese, what languages can you speak? Well or not so well. Were they hard to learn? What is the most difficult for you?

I speak English and am studying Japanese. I studied some German in school but hated it.

Studied (for want of a better word) French and Gernam at school and was hopeless at both. I wasn't in the least bit interested, that surely had a lot to do with it.

I studied French for years and got pretty good at it. I can still interpret Jacques Chirac's grimaces, gestures and shrugs with the sound turned off.

But I learned more German from a short course of German girlfriends than I did from a long course under the scary Frau Hubbold at my school.

I can also order 2 beers in Spanish.

Japanese.. in a rut right now

Indonesian - easiest lang in the world, forgotton heaps but a week there and it all comes back!

Spanish - A short stint in MEX

Portuguese - brazo girlfriends

last 2 only can remember tiny bit now...

Can't actually speak them, but do know useful phrases in:

Italian - from working in an Italian restaurant

Magyar - from having a Hungarian girlfriend

French - from learning French in year 1 & 2 at school

Gaelic - from being Scottish

English - obviously! \:D

I studied Japanese at school for three years, at the time i wsn't very interested, but i wished i had kept on doing it. I can't remember much of it but can still read some of it, even if i dont understand what it means!!

I also did German, French and Latin at school for a short time but didn't enjoy any of them much either.

When i lived in Hong Kong (when i was 10) i studied Mandarin for about a year or so. Needless to say i've forgotten it all!!