I just wrote in a different thread that I find Osaka and Kobe people to be more friendly than Tokyo-ites. Maybe its because I live here.

Any thoughts anyone who knows both well?

I don't know osaka well, but I love visting there...have a good friend who lives there...

Osaka is much more colorful than tokyo...personality wise...people have more "attitude" than tokyo, which I like...not as uptight...just an overall better vibe that I feel when I visit osaka v. Tokyo...

danz

Tokyo is closer to the mountains and offers far more in the way of employment opportunities. There's plenty to keep you busy nightlife wise in Osaka and at the end of the day Japanese cities are fairly similar in a lot of ways. Osaka people are fairly friendly and outgoing(by Japanese standards anyway)and anyway you can't really expect people in big cities to be friendly anyway. I think Osaka is fine and to be honest have never spent any time in Tokyo cause when I travel in Japan I want to get away from the city.

another broad stereotype (from my freelancing point of view) is that Osaka-companies are really stingy with money, whereas Tokyo-based clients are not as bad.

When it comes to paying clients, gotta say Tokyo wins out.

• 1 year later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by rach:
I just wrote in a different thread that I find Osaka and Kobe people to be more friendly than Tokyo-ites. Maybe its because I live here.

Any thoughts anyone who knows both well?
Dunno, seem to not get any replys from Kobe peeps ;\) lol.gif

You know I spend my time between the two, more often than not in Osaka. While they do have differences of course, like any other cities, I seem to enjoy my time more in Osaka I have the better friends here.