• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it helps, but I am let down dude. I was hoping that indo was as you say and snm was sado-masochist.

I am ashamed to say that I am yet to actually visist indo. planning a trip this year, might put some questions to you for the low down.

cheers

I'll let you boys let your imaginations run wild, you never know its may just well mean that!! saying that standing here with my "GIMP" mask beside me! eek.gif

Db, anytime you need the fo on indo drop me the line, I gotta try and get back there soon too...

i might very well be in thailand over that period. im trying to figure out how to do both indo and thailand. i will probably take the 27hr bus ride from singapore to phuket to cut down on costs.

i hear mixed things about koh samui. havnt been in that area, huge controversy last year with a guy from our school getting chucked in thai prison (think brokedown palace) for stealing passports...pretty effed up guy.

ive only traveled extensively to chiangmai (that place rocks) and a few days in bangkok here and there.

on the indo side of things, havnt been there since i got hit by a motorbike when i was a young'un (well young for me, anyway!)

amandanism ... koh samui is good but you'd be better of going the ferry port and jumping on a ferry to Koh Pha-Ngan its not as touristy and its got a lot of untouched beaches they are still pure and pristine! Samui is nice but very touristy the beachs are beautiful but for a cheap ferry trip its worth checking out Koh Pha-Ngan.

As drew said its awsome...! cant wait to head back there!

Markie, of course it goes without saying to be careful, thats true, just as long as we don't stop going there. We can't let everything that those terrorists do rule our lifes. I have been caught in the middle of almost every single disaster that has happened in Indonesia in the last 8 years, from Rioting students, rioting christians and Mozzies, getting mad death threats in midnight taxi's during the Timor heat etc etc! Fortunately I had only left bali the month b4 the bombing... yes, i am happy, but not for the friends lost and damage cause to other mates shops..

Most of the JI can't surf so they'd have a hard time getting you in decent double overhead surf!