PEANUT BUTTER!!!!! wow you just cant good peanut butter here! the closest thing is that overpriced sweet American garbage "skippy" but other than that there is nothing to be found.

Japanese PB is well quite frankly puke.gif

second that db, but on the really real,

i way miss:

good beer

veggie burgers

peanut butter

chips and salsa

maryjane

my cd burner

my car

my old job

the freedom you have when you live in the same town for 7 years

my pool

good doctors

good roads

knowing how long task X or errand Y is going to take

law and order

American football

the Simpsons

and I know that you CAN get most of these things here, but the cost is outrageous, or they are available, but just inaccessable.

heres some more stuff:

[keep in mind im in singapore, so some of this stuff you can probably get in jp]

-> watching live sporting events like the rugby at cheap prices (saw the british lions vs australian reserves for 20 dollars in gosford a couple years back.)

-> concerts that dont take place in a stadium

-> music festivals

-> haribo gummy bears

-> 4 seasons

-> independent stores, specifically record stores, but pretty much goes for everything (singapore = corporate wh*res)

-> shopping without people looking over you all the time, suspecting that you are trying to shoplift.

-> road trips

-> moms cooking

-> ferry trips

Two things I miss from the states: Kentucky Fried Chicken Honey BBQ Wings, and Gyros.

Some of the stuff you guys are mentioning, I might have access too. If we end up rendevouing on the slopes some day, let me know and I might be able to hook you up (cept for the MJ).

Quote:
Originally posted by s_f_g / sam:
people people....!

if you all miss sooo very much then y dont you head home??
'cause then i would have to put up with Australians again. Plus the taxation system.

- Friends and Family

- Knowing that no matter what if there is a band I want to see, they are gonna play in my city and it will be affordable.

- American micro brews

- Movies

- Turkey Sandwiches

- Mexican resaurants

- Lots of other foods/restaurants

- English bookstores

- Being able to order something on the internet and get it in 2 days.

There's more. But I am having a great time and know I will look back on my experiences with joy and envy.

Quote:
Originally posted by enderzero:
- Knowing that no matter what if there is a band I want to see, they are gonna play in my city and it will be affordable.
That would be one of the great things about living in the US. We hardly get any good international metal bands over here. Drives me crazy!