dont know if this has been posted yet...

what are some of the things you miss from "home"?

i miss decent radio stations. in canada there are good college radio stations, and even commercial radio isnt half bad. i havnt listened to anything abroad thats been able to match it. JJJ in sydney is alright at times.

singapore radio is shite and from what ive heard of jap radio its not too great either.

in australia i miss the lifestyle. very laid back and relaxed.

im sure i'll think of more...

when drew and i were in japan i missed my "Smiths salt and vingar chips!" and most of all i missed my dog my family too but my dog mostly! was odd! now i have had enuff of him! he drives me crazy! hes soo in your face! but hes cute... and slobbery... anyways...

now im home i miss the japanese danone yoghurt the apple flavored one with apple chunks in it! yumm...

and i miss charlies angles! it was on every morning in tokyo! at like 8 or 8:30 was quality! hehe...

i used to love musk lifesavers they were soo hard to come accross, i havent had them for agers.

i used to eat the little musk buts they were like the holes from lifesavers, darrlylee used to sell them yum!

i missed my melons and fruits too they are way to expensive in japan!

fruit is a bit spensive here, but it can be good...ive enjoyed mandarin season a lot \:\) cant make my way thru a whole apple though...

i miss a good spot to scope the stars and go satellite hunting.

checked the leonids shower in november, but couldnt get a spot with a nice panoramic sky view... just lay in a car park confused.gif

mikazooki, Nagano is good for stars, but go inland on Shikoku, and the night sky can take your breath away. Mountains that seem huge in the daytime are dwarfed by the great swathe of the Milky Way right through the middle of the sky. It seems ridiculously prosaic walking the dog under such a fantastic display.

I miss English beer and being able to go to the pub without running up a tab and having to wait for someone to come to my table...

salt n vinnies 4 sure.

decent country bakeries 4 post surf munch!

being able to buy the simplest ingriedents such as corriander (freash), and other things that sometimes are rather hard to find if you are not prepared to pay a million bucks for..

but in Australia i miss the uniforms.... !

Coriander/cilantro is getting easier to buy in Japan. It's normally sold under the name "kousai" (kanji for "kaori" and the sai of "yasai").

You can get it quite often in the Hakuba Valley, so you should have no probs in the big city. Some bigger supermarkets now sell what look like hydroponic herbs (not the illegal ones) in little pots.

It isn't cheap, of course, but it's worth it. Can't get enough of the stuff. Delicious!

NoFakie-I actually look forward to the hakuba supermarkets. They carry a range of sophisticated foodstuffs hard to find under one roof in the city...

If I could only convince my bosses to let me work contract...

salt and vinegar chips

black liquorice

lentil soup mixes

venison on the menu

roast lamb

white fish fillets (not whole fish)

walking around barefoot

chick magazines

movies

ANY radio station

good beaches

sour sweets (or lollies as we call them)

just a starter!

There is a place down here that has huge bunches of corriander but it sells out so quickly as all the Tahi rests grab as soon as it hits the shelfs! So everytime I feel like using it in a good Indo or Thai cuzza I have to do the 50 ****** shop hop! hassle! Most of it that we get here is from Nagano!

I used to miss Lamb (leg chops, bonless legs 4 roasts) but have an abundant supply of it now and am sick of it!

without givingmy little secret away, some Indian shops stock it.

Continentail Pasta and Sauces..... but now have stock... about 30 left!

Quote:
Originally posted by zwelgen:
Apparently easy to stack and easy to slice. Just what i read somewhere. I mean, why couldnt mother nature be more helpful?
she speaks the truth...its so they are easier to stack and slice. but i think its sort of turned into a novelty thing considering the going price is about y10,000.

i also miss walking around barefoot. no one walks into shops barefoot here.

it was nice to have a local bakery and cornershop too.