dammit the malacious and nasty Taxman hunted me down.

chased.gif I moved from Osaka to Nara last year and after procrastinating on my part and lack of decent communication between city halls, my former city sent me a nasty letter threatening to cut gas, power and water. I couldnt read it but thats what Mrs K told me it said.

It was a hell of a lot higher than the prevous year but my income was the same, Mrs K tried to get an answer form the Osaka city hall.but oh no that would be too easy and they sideswerved and fobbed her off.

Also I want my Tax form sent in English I can speak the nihongo but damn if I can read it (kanji). The dickheads know I am a Gaijin so at least if I am paying Tax ( and sh**loads of it) at least send all the guff and info in english is that asking too much?

Anyway anyone else had run ins with the shrivelled up pedantic ass clowns called Taxmen?

Good luck with getting the tax form in english!

I don't mind the tax man too much here...

If i was earning 800,000 a month in Aussie he would be taking 376,000 of it!!!! and we all know where that NOB Jonny Howard can go stick that one!

Never had a problem here in Takamatsu. They always send me the actual form in Japanese but accompanied by "How to fill in" examples and explanatory booklets in English. They've been helpful with advice seeing I don't have a "Set" job, even telling me(my wife actually) I should claim partial heating, lighting, copying etc. costs as deductions because I work from home. And yes, the tax payable here is big L LOW. I figure the savings on the pathetic income tax I pay here, coupled with the low 5% consumption tax balances some of the other astro-fees like the highway, petrol and the Aus$3 I need to pay for 8 button mushrooms to make my favourite pasta sauce. ;\)

Yeh INDO I know - lotsa other mushies, but sometimes you just hanker for that ol' nastalgic "Mushie" flavour. The Fungi(s) here, as much fun as they may be, don't cut it quite right for the "cream of mushroom" type sauce. I'll see if I can claim them on my tax - you know edible resources. \:\)

It is your god given right and what's more utterly expected of every citizen to do everything within the law to minimise tax. Note I don't say tax avoidance - that is illegal.

I do not quite have this story correct, but it roughly goes like this:

One state in America charges double tax on a joint income (husband and wife). Depending on the size of the tax liability relative to legal fees, it is worthwhile getting divorced at the end of every FY. And them married again. I have a colleague that knows people who do this.