I think I work in the cleanest building in Japan. It is a 4-floor building, fairly large, with 1 bathroom /floor...

There is 1 janitor for the whole building, and I think he lives here. He is constantly cleaning...the bathroom on my floor, which only has about 20people on it, gets cleaned 2 times a day...and he knows how to set the temp on the toilet seats just right!

I once spilled some coffee on a table right in front of him after he just finished cleaning the cafeteria (for the 2nd time)...he gave me a dirty look, but then remembered he was only the janitor, and started bowing ferociously in front of me as he scrambled to clean my mess...even though I was more than ready to do it myself...

but he is very good at his job...thats for sure \:\)

danz

ahh that must be nice to have a janitor. like most junior high schools, the students and teachers must do the cleaning. for 15 minutes everyday everyone puts those cloths on their heads, then gets down on their hands and kness and scrubs down the school. i get to empty trash cans and wipe teachers desks. oh joy. i feel sorry for the kids who have to clean the toilets. but what really gets me is that even though all they use is water, they still MUST open up all the windows during cleaning time, even in the dead of winter in nagano. why???

My building is gross. There are 3 cleaning ladies that seem to clean the toilets, the floors in the corridors and the mayors room. I have absolutely no idea what they do for the rest of their time though. The floors outside the corridors are foul, they get a terrible wax job once a month that does little than leave a white powder on the floor (woe if you drop your black wool coat on it) there are dust bunnies everywhere, scum around the bottom of every grey desk, cardboard box on the floor and everything is scummy \:\(

What is the point of my message? Nothing but to say that Danz youve got it good, I cant wait to work in a civilised place where cleanliness is a given.