enderdude - so hows tokyo then?

Ha ha! I miss snowboarding, that's for sure. But Tokyo is a pretty amazing city. This is what attracted me to Japan in the first place, so I am really enjoying it. There is so much to do at any time, but what I like most is just exploring. I am living in Ebisu, so I am so central to everything. I can just walk all around, checking out little shops and parks and restaurants. Plus the nightlife is outta control. I had forgotten about bars closing until I had to leave a bar at 2am in Guam this week. That and not being able to walk down the street just carrying a beer (although it was nice to be able to buy a 6-pack for as much as one beer costs you in a bar). But yeah dude, I am definitely enjoying myself.

Ha, ha. So I presume you've got your pad hooked up to the internet at last and restarted your continuous sorties into this forum after a break of nearly a month.

Welcome back, Marn!

Enderman, so are you living with people or alone or what? Ebisu is a nice area. Close to everything and pretty bloody trendy really. Must be lots of nice women around there too. Live it up man! On the topic of TVs though... if you know anyone who is going back to their country then that is a good way to pick up a tv for cheap. When I was an exchange student at uni over there that was how we all picked up cheap deals on everything from fridges to tvs to fans! Good luck man.

\:D

Actually I just picked up an AirH card and it is pretty damn slow. The bandwidth isn't that bad (128kbps) but the damn thing is soooo latent. Cellular technology I guess.

I am living in a guest (gaijin) house. I share the bathroom, shower, kitchen and have my own room. It is far from nice - especially for the neighborhood (actually Hiroo - but for some reason that sounds snobbier to me). I must be as far as it is possible to be from a subway station in downtown Tokyo though. Right smack dab in the middle - 15-20 mins to Ebisu, Hiroo, or Shibuya by foot. I don't mind walking though.

This city is where it's at though. There is always something to do. I went to a cool party at Yoyogi koen this afternoon (a really cool park on the weekends if you've never been). Tons of people, live music, drinks, beautiful weather. Hell yeah it's cool.

The honeymoon is all I get scouser - I'll probably be out of here in a couple months, meaning I will leave before I get sick of it and miss the hell of the summer heat.

That remains to be seen. I will definitely do some riding here next season, but I don't know if I will spend the whole season. I am sure I will spend some more large blocks of time in Japan. Where and when are just the question.