France has been a very naughty, very disobedient country and must be punished.

But how is this to be done? Certainly we can't allow the French to believe they can get away with this sort of obstructionism. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how the US would best punish France?

I think the French shouldn't be allowed to have tomato ketchup on their foie gras for a month. That should teach them!

Personally I'm punishing France by stealing lots of music by Les Hommes, thereby hurting the French economy.

I'm also avoiding French wine, unless it happens to beat South African wine by falling below 680 yen.

Quote:
The diplomatic deep freeze between Washington and Paris over France's opposition to the US-led war showed no sign of thawing after U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell said France would suffer the consequences of its anti-US position. A senior State Department official said Washington may seek to exclude France from key NATO decisions.

France proposed suspending UN sanctions against Iraq, but said they should not formally be lifted until UN inspectors certify Iraq is free of weapons of mass destruction. Paris left unclear how France can find a consensus with the United States, which insists the embargoes must be lifted completely.

French President Jacques Chirac's spokeswoman quoted him as saying France made its sanctions proposals so as "to work with its partners on the different problems at hand," but that it remained convinced of "the importance of international law and the role of the United Nations."

See! SEE! The impudence, still!

It's "the unimportance of international law and the role of the United States."!

The French will have to be punished by being required to take a shower every day until they fall into line!

• 3 weeks later...