What I like about J-poppers is how they always have them standing in the same place. So with Puffy, you can say, "I want to poke the one on the right", and that would always be Ami.

Do manufactured pop groups in other countries follow this convention??

I agree with echineko. Right and left are goku futsuu while the one in the middle is maa ne.

What cracks me up as well is the "ending pose" that seems to be necessary. Don't they just feel as daft as they look. Big brushes. lol.gif

The middle one looks like one of the "men" from the Takarazuka troupe, many of whom get accused of lesbianism. The other two are typical Kyoko Fukuda-type round-faced girls-next-door.

On occasion, I have heard celeb watchers (inc Dave Spector) talk about how the Morning Musume are arranged in photos and how they rearrange them when one has a solo single coming out.

I've heard that too about the MM re-organising. They shuffle them around each single, usually 1 of them being the center of attention for each song. Then give them center stage just before they break out to become solo megastars. Or not.

• 3 weeks later...