• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get this straight. I did not attack you. I asked you politely not to use an expression that needlessly attacks a whole group of people who have done nothing to merit an attack of that kind. It has nothing to do with being PC. I thought you might perhaps understand and drop it, but it seems you're a bit too stupid, or are looking for a fight.

How about your verbal attack and branding of people who do not want to have children Ocean11?

Is that not an attack on a whole group of people who have done nothing to merit such an abusive attack? Seems it to me.

Just want to understand how your branding of people as perverse is different from this?

That was a thread that started with a question about why people have the nerve to ask if you're going to have children. I answered the question, using reasoned arguments that can be judged on their merits.

Now in this thread, somebody has decided to take a swipe at gays for no good reason at all, without any relevance to anything else. Irrespective of what I personally think of gays, I find that sort of behaviour offensive. If I happen to be down on hispanics and think that my bigotry may find a sympathetic ear on a forum, should I perhaps say, "This game company's policy is no good. It's totally hispanic"? Think about it...

Hey darls.

Speaking as a proud gay person, I don't take any real offense at all from that initial comment. If it were laced with hatred and written differently - maybe. But as it is, I think I can cope. Hell, ILiveToSki probably is gay him/herself ;\) And if he's serious, I'd just feel sorry for the person.

Ocean11, I don't know you at all, but from what I have read on here you seem to be one of the people throwing around insults and demeaning people the most. Your comments on that baby thread came across as way more offensive and filled with hatred than the "that is gay" comment, thats for sure.

You obviously have a good command of the English language - that's your job right? - so you can play around with words very well. Congrats!

But as for you coming on all innocent and serious concerning other peoples very mild comments - COME ON! ;\)

no I have a 2LDK or that is what I am told. It is an older building as well so that probably means squat toilet.

2 4.5 tatami rooms

1 6 tatami room

That would be funny if I lived in one tiny little room but then that would make sense for how much rent I am paying.

It will be bie enough to have parties - thats all you need to know. Hopefully the 4.5 mat rooms will be joined by a sliding door so you can take then out and put them somewhere - voila! Instant 9 mat room.

I pay 5000 yen a month and my place is pretty reasonable size. Youll be living by yourself too so you dont need that much room really.

Bring lots of deoderant and toothpaste.

I don't understand this mania for deodorant and toothpaste. They have those things here. They work OK. I was told I needed to bring aspirin when I came to Japan so I brought a big bottle of the stuff. That was space wasted in my rucksack that could have held something that they don't actually have in Japan. Bring CD cases! They don't have CD cases in Japan! ;\)

Very few old apartments these days have squat bogs, so you'll likely have something civilized (although they still put those horrible unhygienic splatter traps in new public toilets when they build them...why??)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
I don't understand this mania for deodorant and toothpaste. They have those things here.)
Yeah but the deodorant is rare and only in a few selected stores and dont have good stuff and the toothpaste here is crap! seen the locals teeth lately? ;\) fluoride is not a standard feature on toothpaste

Toothpaste doesnt cut it here. pit stick is rare. The spary is crap here. Are friend will have no chance to buy pit stick here or extra strength tylnyol. That room sounds fine. If you get a squater you can buy a seat at the store from between 30 and 50 bucks.

No extra strength tylenol. I live for that stuff. That and Iboprophen. Pop two when I ski and I can go all day.

As for the toilet. Squatting isn't all that bad. I've done it lots in the sticks and got pretty good at it but I just found out that my toilet is western style so no worries there.

Squatting occasionally is very different from squatting many times each day.

Glad to hear you got the western toilet. When I was first here the first place I lived in had a J toilet, I really hated it big time. I was so relieved to move into a place with a western.

Asprine is just cheaper elswhere. But obtainable in most kusuri-ya's. Deodorant...don't know one Japanese that uses it. But I see it even at Family Mart..and it works. My wife owns some from her tenure in the States. What I reccomend is that if you are big..bring plenty of clothes. Your gonna be inaka as it is and unless there is a Takayama GAP...good luck finding big stuff.

The squatter...geez, try using that w/ a broken leg!