Our 6 piece funk/pop band became a 9 piece for the Mastercard sponsors party on the night before the final. (2 extra singers and horn section). It was a pretty intense month. We had a lot of material to learn and quite a few rehearsals, so this got us all caught up in World Cup fever. And on the night itself, well, what can I say, Pele was there in the audience watching us, cool!

We also played (as a 7 piece) for a party for Adidas who were camped out at the Prince Hotel in Naeba doing their pre-production World Cup 'Fever' thang.... we were told we weren't allowed to wear sports shoes in the sound check unless they were adidas.... unfortunately it was late October so there was no snow, however I did catch the gondola up to the nearby, different resort mountain (forget the name, you'll know it if you know Naeba) the following morning and walked around up top checking out the view...... looked quite nice up there. And the first time I've ever walked down a ski slope in the off season.

Heard about what it was like back in the uk with people going to work at 5am and having beer and breakfast watching the footie \:D That must have been wild.