I had to find a flight to the UK this week.

The cheapest place was arukikata.com.

http://www.arukikata.com/

Note that airport tax, the post 9/11 insurance etc are not included. Before taxes, a direct flight on Virgin was 71,000. That's around 8,000 cheaper than Across or HIS. They accept credit cards too, so no furikomi charges or messing about with banks.

If you go via HK, you can get a flight to London for 48,500, though its an extra 8 hours on a plane each way.

All these prices are return, M-man. They'll go up considerably in August and availability for the cheapest seats (only part of economy) will be a lot tighter, though maybe not for the SARS regions.

august is tough man...

I can fly to NY round-trip this month for like 35000yen, but by the end of july it jumps to 125000!!! eek.gif eek.gif

and that is when I got to go back too...sucks

danz

If you read Japanese you can get some decent deals on yahoo.co.jp go to the 旅行 section and then go down to the 3rd one which is something about 安い tix and then whack in your dates etc. One thing I like about it is that you can look at the calendar and see how the prices fare, eg for a flight Im looking at one day is 45,000 and the next 67,000 which is helpful to know!

You can then get a look at the cheapest prices and call the company direct. Pretty simple but if you dont do kanji then dont bother

I usually use no1 travel (www.no1-travel.com) and they always get me great prices...all the agents have excellent english skills, and it really is a no-hassle, painless and pleasant experience...especially when I get the good deals... \:D

danz