I am arranging an after work drink with some girls from the office and my GF, this is from one of the emails written by the Japanese girl at work:

"If you doubt to think it's comfortable to be in ladies, you can ask some male mate to join in".

is she proposing a 3some? Damn I cringe to think of some of the stupid shit I must have said in Japanese that came out completely wrong.

A similar thing, I was at a bbq at a friends place last night and one of the foreigners (Hayden) had made some gingerbeer that be brought along. The japanese people werent sure what to make of it being kind of spicy and sweet and decided to refer to it as "Hayden juice". The foreigners were sniggering all night offering "would you like some more Hayden juice"

3some? Nah, just got her words wrong. I wouldn't have one with her anyway.

On language stuff ups:

I was at the night club A-Life with some SJ crew. Late in the drunken night some sad looking Japanese guy comes up and starts chatting. He had a lame pencil thing line of hair on teh top lip and a somewhat gay manner about him. He was starting to frustrate me so I thought i would set the record straight by asking if he was gay and letting him know that even though I did not have any women hanging off me, I was not gay. This is what my pissed mind managed:

"anata wa homodachi desu ka" which I later learnt was closest to "are you my gay friend"

He started squealing in his gay little voice "I am yours! I am yours!" and hugging me and holding my hands. I am about the least homophobic of all the homophobic (I think all non gay people are homophobic in one way or another, and even if you aren't, you are usually accused of it at some stage) people I know, but he was too much to handle so I bolted and he followed me. I sat down with the guys and just ignored him.

Quote:
Originally posted by db:
3some? Nah, just got her words wrong. I wouldn't have one with her anyway.

SnoboYaro's word of wisdom: Every ugly girl has at least one pretty friend. \:D Having drinks with naughty OLs db? I thought a while back you said you wouldn't give them the time of day? You go boy! ;\)

As somebody who makes a living from the inability of Japanese to get this sort of thing right, I find sentences like that especially charming...

Did she really use the word 'mate'?

Indeed Ocean, that was a clean copy and paste from the email. She is a already a naturally amusing person and her mixed English and manner of facial expression as she speaks just adds to her character.