In summer I am always getting hot feet that become extremly uncomfortable.

I must wear socks and leather shoes for work and cannot escape this. I wear thin cotton socks and loosely tie my shoes for air flow, but dem feet just feel like mini fan heaters all day.

What can I do to stop this?! Anyone with any ideas please! Anyone else with this problem. Perhaprs we could start a support group?

To remove my shoes is 1. too Japanese like for my taste and 2. rather rude in an open planned office so this is out of the question.

BTW, I do not have any foot diseases. I have been cleared of these.

The Body Shop do a foot spray that's quite nice. My wife has a blue one with "rosemary and tea tree oil" though it doesn't look like they make it anymore. TBS has met hard times and changed a lot of its lines in the last couple of years. There are two choices for you now.

http://www.the-body-shop.co.jp/products

Maybe you could use it on the sly in the toilet.

Thank you for this. However, my feet are neither tired nor scaled. They are hot. None of these products appears to address my problem.

Does you wife have this problem too? Would she join the group?

I suggest either 1) unemployment, or 2) freelancing. You could of course raise the matter with your employer, but that would only result in either 1) or 2) anyway.

You might try fancy black brogues and actually poke holes right through the holey pattern in them. You could also try those 'fever pads' that you get from the chemists - they would work for maybe an hour or so.

I too have hot feet, but they're all bare and have a nice flip-flop tan developing. But then, I raised all sorts of annoyances with my last employer...

Inner sole is leather and sock is full cotton.

Friction in the feet. I am sitting all bloody day so I suspect that there is little friction happening anywhere but my butt! You think butt boyles can be classed as a work comp case?

what about adidas clima cool? or danny way's signature skate shoe? haven't the italian shoe boyz been pushing the tech limits of under-desk ventilation??

i recommend keeping an eski of dry ice with little foot holes in the top.

but u'know mogs, sometimes just sharing the problem can help.

I thought peppermint oil naturally cools feet? Maybe you could rub some on your feet before heading to work. The sprays suggested by NoFakie may also work as a preventive remedy.

Other options:

1. Ice bags in your socks

2. Cut strategically placed holes in the soles

3. Get the image of shoes tattooed on your feet

wakaranai.gif

I wear slip on business shoes and can slip them on and off in a heartbeat. I do like db and slide them off when seated, hell I teach and slide them off with the students in the room every lesson, never had a complaint, my feet dont smell. many students do the same! all sitting there with their shoes off.

Shoes sux I like barefeet!

Also you are a kiwi, have you never heard of Grans Remedy for feet? that stuff is legendary back home. Get some

Forgive me if I am worng here but Grans Remedy is for SMELLY feet right? I HAVE HOT FEET! Not smelly feet.

I think I will just break down my moral barriers and remove my shoes.

I am with you Mogski. I to have hot feet. Not at all smelly but they just get plain hot. The worst is driving in the winter. Heat on in the car my feet get really hot. Can't wear sandles then though because then my feet would get wet.

Summer time though. I live in my sandels.