OK, so this new major buymusic dot com site has opened "selling" tracks at $.89. wakaranai.gif

Question for current music downloaders:

Will you continue downloading for free or will you pay money for your tracks?

\:D

Thats about the same price as a CD is now (in NZ)

I think I will continue to steal from the rich and buy from the poor.

If it was .89 cents new zealand money though I would buy it.

Quote:
I think I will continue to steal from the rich and buy from the poor.
.....hey, enlighten us a bit more on this will you? You only buy from "the poor"?

\:\)

i.e. Small quality bands that (in my opinion) need the money. These are generally New Zealand bands as that is the scene I am most familiar with.

Manufactured by Sony or other multinationals type groups eg linkon park et al are much less likely to get money from me though I do sometimes acquire their music.

I realise this doesn't make it right but its my system.

So do you apply the same thinking and freedom to other items as well?

How about food? Maybe you only pay money for food from smaller companies or ones that are not huge multinationals? And steal the Coca-Cola and KitKats from the shelves?

How about clothes? Maybe you buy from a smaller shop but steal the designer labels?

I know what you think about sharing music, what's you opionion on sharing TV programs. I download much more of this than music specificly The Simpsons and a couple of other shows. Do you think that is a crime equal to sharing music?

That kinda thing is paid for up front by the TV network. At the same time Danny Elfman will be getting residuals whenever his theme song is played. In terms of downloading it for free, technically it's still illegal. But since you know that the TV networks upfront payment and residuals from airing the shows are what's really paying for his supper so you might not feel as bad....

I must say I live under the Jarad system. I have no problem shelling out real money for an emerging artist/band or a local favorite to offer my support. And I frequently do. But at the same time I have absolutely no problem downloading say a Beatles or Matchbox 20 song or say a marginally successful band that I just want to get a taste of b/f buying their CD (or not). If I download something I don't like it gets deleted. If I like it, sure I'll burn it but on many occasions go buy the cd to hear what else "they" got that isn't so popular as to be traded on Kazaa, etc.