I don't know how to spell it! But on Japanese news just now they talk about Arnold Schwarzenegger is going to become politician soon and he has big ambition.

Is it really true? eek.gif

Do you like him?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much myself either, just very interested.

All I've read about him doing in the early days is some major shagging & taking body building steroids. (And that may not be true either)

Yeah I knew about the whole steroid thing. As much as I like watching him in the Terminator movies and Commando, I would hate it if he made it into office - he`s right wing lunatic material all the way.

He can`t be president, as he was born in Austria, and the US olnly lets US born citizens run for presidential office.

Quote:
Originally posted by big-will:
taking body building steroids. (And that may not be true either)
he took them alright and openly admits to it, he admits he was one of the heaviest users. But you have to remember that this was in the late '60's and '70's steroidswere not illegal.
The IOC didnt ban them until 1975! the last year of Arnolds 6 year Mr Olympia streak. They were a part of top level sport, where it was at, if you wanted to suceed you had pretty much had to use them. The East German athletes were all on them and kicking butt.
Lyle Alzado the former NFL great who died from possible steriod enduced cancer said that 80-90% of NFL players were users (in the 1970s)Long term studies had not been undertaken, there was none of the stigma, shadyness of performance enhancers that exists today.

So Arnold took them, so what? look at the historical context, he wasnt taking them illegally, he was taking the stuff the meant being at the top and he and everyone else was mostly unaware of the consequence of their actions.
My mother was in top level athletics in the late 60's and she competed against the Russians and she said they were scray as hell and like men, she also had friends who dabbled with Steroids. It was where it was at back then.

well actually chief, in the USA it wasnt until 1991 did they become an illegal substance without prescription. 1991! pre 1991 they were legal, as much as any other substance as alcohol or tobacco.

The entire time Arnold used them they were legal supplements.

The IOC is a lot stricter than the law Ocean ask an athtlete who lost a gold medal due to taking a cold medication, there is no confusion going on here.

I feel sorry for Schwarzenegger for be held accountable for doing something that was perfectly legal at the time he did it. He isnt denying what he did and what he did can not be compared to the actions of current leaders such as Mr DUI Bush.

As far as Arnie himself goes, he is one of the most interesting dynamic men on earth and I have always been fascinated by him. Many people think he is only a muscled up boofhead with mediocre acting ability. But they are so wrong, he is an intelligent, motivated, dedicated, intuitive genius.

He is the epitomy of the American dream , he emigrated to the US full of hopes and dreams and put those dreams into action.

Learned English, built his body, went to College, and became rich, he was a millionaire from Real estate before his first movies, saving every cent and investing. He married a Kennedy. He was always thinking and oozing ambition. Once when doing sit ups with a bodybuilder named Mike Katz, and Katz commented how boring doing them was, Arnie replied I never get bored I am always thinking about where to make my next dollar.

In sport he was the ultimate competitor,unbelievably confident and arrogant too, has anyone seen the movie "pumping iron" its a great doco, in the movie there is a scene pre show at the Olympia contest and Arnie is completly psyching out Lou Ferrigno (aka the Incredible Hulk) simply amazing to watch.

There are unfortuneately controversies. The aforementioned steroid use, but as far as I am concerned that is bull**it he deserves a full pardon for that, he did nothing wrong, broke no law at the time.

There are the Nazi slurs against him. What he said or didnt say is still damaging and the fact his father was a member of the Nazi party wouldnt sit well with a lot of prejudiced Americans (none of the fine educated bunch an this forum though, (prejudiced that is)).

There are the stories of sexual exploits, but come on!! are those accusing him squeaky clean themselves? let he without sin cast the first stone. Here you had a tall, muscular handsome guy oozing charm and extremely cocky and confident. Of course Arnie got his fair share, more than his fair share likely, but slick Willy got his fair share too and in more compromising paaces too.

Arnie would be a hero for the LDP those clowns love virility.

There is so much more to the enigmatic man that he is, he will never be the Prez, but I hopes he gets the California Governorship. Lets see what he can do. He was never been given anything in his life he has worked hard for it and I believe he would make a good fist of it. A much lesser man is currently leading the US, so Arnie shouldnt have too many problems with California

Quote:
he's right wing lunatic material all the way.
Damn right! Mind you there's already one in the white house at the mo. :p

Kamo don't you think that someone who is so "cocky and arrogant" may actually have the wrong type of personality to take office?

I admire Arnie as an "actor" and weightlifter, but not as a politician.
 Quote:
Originally posted by fukdane:
Would people take him seriously? Both in the US and elsewhere..
Same thing with Ronald Reagan I suppose, former actor, I sure he was greeted with a lot of skepticism from the outset
 Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Matthews:
Kamo don't you think that someone who is so "cocky and arrogant" may actually have the wrong type of personality to take office?
I will stick my neck out and say, that he has the "right stuff" for office. If you look at politicians around the world today, if Arnold couldnt foot it with them and be equal or better, then I would really be shocked.

Look at NZ first, down there is a dreadlocked dope smoking freak with a shady past. There is a anti asian Maori dude who the oldies love, there is aformer drag queen turned transexual. Just to name a few. Do they have the personalities to do it?

Japan has Ota, Mori, Fukuda, Muneo Suzuki and their cohorts saying women are "asking to be raped" and rang rapists are just virile young men and women who dont have Kids are worthless to the devine nation with the emperor at the core.

Berlusconi seems to like Nazi jokes. Haider in Austria is as far right as they come, Clinton couldnt keep his weapon holstered or himself out of the "whitewater". Gray Condit liked to have fun. George W Bush.......I will resist comment here.
Richard Nixon, say no more. The list goes on and on
I mean honestly if Arnold couldnt do better than 90% of the clowns in office now or then, then I doubt very few could.

And as far as "arrogant and cocky" go look no further than all time sexual demon president Mr JFK. Want to talk about charisma and arrogance?than look no further than this guy for a yard stick for politicians. Arnie cant holda candle to JFK. Do you think JFK lacked what it takes?

I honestly hope that Aronld gets into office as Gov as I truly believe he will do a better job than the others, Left or right wing. He is not perfect but what he has got, he got himself. nothing was handed to him in life, he has worked hard and proven himself time and time again and this is his next challege and he has ambition and determination like few others. good Luck to him.

Tasaki - no Arnold Schwarzenegger can never be president of the United States. But he could be governor of California.

I hope not though... he might ask Chuck Heston to be his running partner.

Quote:
Originally posted by kamoshika:
Here you had a tall, muscular handsome guy oozing charm
I gotta admit I don't find him handsome (or sexy for that matter).
You other sistas find him attractive?