I went to Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang last September.

Nice place. HCMC is like old time Bangkok.

Everything is very cheap and food is very good.

You can have very nice french food, too.

Da Nang is my favorite beach. Not so many tourists yet and you can have day trip to Hoi An.

My fiend told me Hue was nice, too.

There are so many interesting places to visit.

Hi mumbojumbo,

I describe HCMC like shabby houses, bompy road, dust from the construction (You can't tell they are building or breaking), chaos in the traffic (worse than Bangkok), flood if it's raining.

So you have to be careful and tough.

There is no modern buildings and offices, train system, beautiful palace or temples like Bangkok yet but atmosphere is similar.

It's worth exploring city and finding very neat shops and cozy restaurants. People are not so friendly but simple. I'm willing to live there if I can get job.

i only spent 4 days or so in HCMC. the rest of my time (about a week) was spent in Ben Tre, which is a tourist free town along the mekong. it was really good. not much to do but maybe worth a day trip. we were playing soccer with an orphanage there.

the driving in vietnam will be sufficient for all you thrill seekers.

i think if you go to vietnam you really need to travel around. dont just stay in HCMC. theres alot to do, but you have to go out and find it.

i have a friend playing jazz in bars in HCMC. shes really enjoying it. good lifestyle.