I've noticed that due to the rain/extreme heat variations, Japan can get a bit whiffy (well here in the city at least).

It is mix of things, but reminds me most of wet dog.....any of you guys notice it!

YES! yesterday did smell like dead fish, everywhere I went from Akasaka to Western Setagaya was the smell of fish.

I find Tokyo pongs at the best of times, but no worse than other much smaller cities.

talking about pongs..does anybody live near a ramen shop where they boil the bones for like days on end, the wind pushing the smell in all directions? It is in my experience the worst smell ever. I walk home with my girlfriend every night and we have to pass this same shop. it f***ing stinks but it is always packed, even at 12.30am

confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif

I think the ramen you're talking about it tonkotsu ramen. I think they make the broth by throwing a bunch of pig bones, and knuckles into a big pot and boiling it forever.... I've been in those joints, and yea... they stink! The ramen tastes good, but the one time I ate it, it left a stank on my lip that took a day to wash off. \:o