if they ever lost control the weight of those things falling off of a chair or going down the hill could easily kill someone. Its badd enough most snowboarders here dont wear a leash. Its even worse that they are allowed to carry the boards onto a lift. If these things did fall off the lift (scooters) they could even pull down a person that is using them. That said for the most part I havent heard of any real problems with the damn things so maybe they are fine. I wont touch one. Toque there are types that use snowler blades at the same time. you wear the blades and sue your feet to help control the thing. thats even more (gay/silly)

yea, me too, why shouldn`t they be allowed? each to their own i say there`s risk assocc. with many things while riding the lifts. as long as its minimised, why shouldnt it be allowed. wakaranai.gif

tha peeps that ive seen riding them seem to be enjoying themselves. whos ta say who can have fun and who cant???

j.a.t.

It's just silly that's why. Why not take the time to learn to ski or snowboard. Same with Snowlerblades. If you only took the time to learn to ski you would realize how silly snowlerblades are.

And what Fattwins said - They are dangerous. Some slopes are busy enough already and you through people with skibikes into the mess.

I think people should be able to do whatever they want as long as it doesnt endanger others (too much) That includes snowlerblading, snow scooters and wearing onepieces. Who are we to tell them what to do.

We can still laugh at them and think they are dumb though.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree....

Quote:
I think people should be able to do whatever they want as long as it doesnt endanger others (too much)
...and as long as they are following the rules of course ;\)

Jared, who is to define "too much" there?

Quote:
Originally posted by jared:
Who are we to tell them what to do.

We can still laugh at them and think they are dumb though.
Sounds like we have a closet Snowlerblader in the forum ;\)

But you are correct in that it does give us something to laugh at.

I have tried Snowlerblading a few times. Fun for a run or two. But really, they are so dorky. I love watching people try to get into the powder in them. Good for a laugh.

Have not tried the Scooters or Snowboarding

• 2 weeks later...

You know. Those silly little short skis. Like Roller Blading. Came out in the late 90's and was briefly in the X-Games (is it still?) for people from the Eastern US who can't ski powder but want to do tricks in the park more easily than skiing.

Here we can see the most famous Snowlerblader. Saucerboy. He made numerous first snowlerblade descents around Squaw Valley but was hurt very badly when he jumped from the Sqaw Valley Tram. You should have seen him bounce when he hit the ground. Very sad lol.gif lol.gif

Later he was found in the BC coast mountains near Bella Coola where he had been abandoned by some snowboarders and had been living talking to his Saucer named Wilson. Sound familier ;\)

20010423134405P20616810286-03.jpg

The snowblades are still good for those who are just learning to ski. They can only progress so far but if they get an interest they will stick to the sport maybe. It was a great tool that helped to push the advancement of skis. I dont think I will ever put them on though.

Xgames been out for 3 to 4 years now.

• 3 weeks later...