Things you notice when you go back your home country

its good to go home and have people talk to you..i mean gaijin people talk to you in the street. Just a hello or something.

In tokyo, no-one says a word, they just catch your eye and look at the road, telephone pole, whatever they can just so they dont have to talk to you.

I read in the japan times and article about obesity the other day, comparing french/US foods and sizes. The main point of the article was that the US sizes are so much bigger and people eat what is put on their plate, that US people seem to be more inclined to buy the bigger size because they get 30% more for only 20cents extra. French people eat similar foods, lots of high fat cheeses included but dont seem to want something that sits in their stomach all day.

It also reported that there are a staggering 30% of US citizens with clinical obesity compared with the french's 7%. I know Australia is becoming more and more obese with every visit i make home. Again it has to do with the size of the meals.

• 2 weeks later...

I notice how my family and others seem to drink so much coffee in a day. It goes something like this.

Get up - coffee.

Breakfast - coffee, of course.

10am - ok, it's coffee time surely.

Come back in before lunch - on with the kettle.

With lunch - coffee again.

Early afternoon - kettle time.

Dinner - hmmm, lets have some coffee.

After dinner, evening - the last coffee perhaps.

lol.gif