I recently enjoy rice a lot!

We (5girls from my office) had autumn food party the other night. Sanma, Yakinasu, Kuri Gohan, Nameko no Misoshiru! Kuri Gohan is my favorite, so I can enjoy peeling chetnuts very patiently! It's hard work, though.

Enjoy autumn food, everybody! \:\)

A chicken place near my office serves rice with de-husked and rolled wheat cooked with it. It is great. Totally changed the texture and experience of eating yet another bowl of the same old rice.

The same place also writes some japanese words with katakana and then words like beer with hiragana. They are very charasmatic (that is the word given to their style by a Japanese friend).

They also serve 'southern barbarian chicken'. I do not remember the Japanese name, but the southeren barbarian part comes from the the fact that it is an introduced dish of western origin. Perhaps that is why I like it so much, being a southern barbarian and all.

charasmatic?

That sounds like Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet. Do they have an inhaler for that?

Bread days, potato days, and pasta days are always happy days in my home (except that my missus doesn't really understand how to cook spuds. As I chew my potato salad, I think to myself 'It's the thought that counts', although I know otherwise.)