Murdered or Murderer? Who are you?

Quote:
Originally posted by barok:

Also, if there is someone who is out to bother people in general, and bothering lots of people, I will generally tell him off if he bothers me.
There's ya problem mate
doesn't matter what your size is.
I am an 7-8 on the your "scale of bigness" & I'd never pick on a midget, not unless he came and told me that I was annoying him.. Then I would flatten him.

Intelligence really annoys some people to the point of wanting to "knock the smart arse down a peg or two". So show a decent vocab, a sharp wit or some sarcasm in some circles and that can get you into trouble with the neanderthal brigade. I have managed to avoid conflict pretty well except for two occasions where it was a case of wrong place wrong time, and I paid the price. Generally I find if you don't look for it it won't find you, but I have had some trouble due to having good looking girlfriends or being seen to have too much fun. Maybe just an australian thing?

Barok is a fist magnet? ;\)

One thing I have noted is a particularly high level of machismo with many Australian men. I certainly got a certain amount of 'attitude' in Australia for being a weight lifter, and have often felt levels of competition with Australian collegues and friends that just didn't sit right with me.

I would like to state, however, that it's certainly not directed at ALL Australian men... I have good Australian friends too

\:D

Barok, I think you're probably too eager to take a stand against injustice. Sometimes you've just got to let things slide...

In Oz I have always found that its the person with "small man's syndrome" that ofetn starts the shit.

for example, I was out often with my personal trainer ( who was a huge bodybuilder) and other larger guys from the gym, when much smaller guys decided that they had to prove themselves to their mates and pick on the biggest guy in the place.

just an observation. not saying that anyone here is doing that..

And don't even get me started on "little man approaching 40 still with a ponytail" syndrome. These guys are the worst!

In the words of monty python "Short people got......... no reason" ;\)