I don't recall any of the SJ'ers being from that great state.

Turns out, I'm there in two months. I'm out. Bye Bye Japan, hello AK! I've only skied the Juneau Icefield region and Atlin, BC backcountry. There's some big woods up there, and I'm wondering what I can look forward to out of Fairbanks. I'll be in Eagle Creek frequently also, so Valdez and Cordova are in the mix.

I say goodbye to skiing in this country and I'm glad I got to experience it. I'm not sorry to leave though. Maybe Toque and I can hit up for a backcountry sesh sometime - what, we'll only be 3000km away from each other \:\)

I'll be here for another month or so, but damn, I can't wait to get my jeep back and drive some open, un-tolled free roads \:\) I'm driving from Oregon all the way to Fairbanks. Get to do the Alaska Hwy and can't wait!

Anyone else ever done it? Any suggestions on what to see, where to stop?

aloha cool.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by 2pints,mate:
I have no idea about the place, but it sounds cool. My image is "ice". Is that embarassingly wrong? ;\)
Umm, yes.....

I spent 3 months on an 'ice'field full of glaciers. Firn my man, firn \:\)

Have a good time. Will be getting cold I bet near the end of your stay.

On your drive up the Hwy stop in the town of Chilliwack. Just about at the end of the Fraser Valley and an hour from Vancouver. Get out and take a deep whiff. hahahahahahaha. Tricked you. Get in and drive as fast as you can away from it.