I was reading the Herald Tribune the other day and there was a article about drugs in sport. It focussed on the designer drug THG that was previously undetected and now has created a furor as many top athletes were on it. 4 Oakland Raiders players have been pinged recently.

The article diverged to a theory should we

either

• A: we go all out to eradicate drugs

• B: give up altogether and let sports be a free for all

It was an interesting article, what do you think?

Also do you think there are other designer Performance enhancers that havent been detected yet?

Yeah, they should leave it up to personal preference and personal responsibility.

I think the whole thing about screaming on and on about beating the record by a few extra seconds in swimming or whatever is ridiculous anyway.

Oh for christ's sake, SKI, get a grip and a sense of simple sarcastic posting.

I was in Newtown in Sydney when the Olympic torch was doing the rounds of the city on the last day before the whole O-games started. It was a big deal and many were getting sick of it pretty fast, esp the Newtown anti-capitalist crowd. Where ever the torch went there was a huge crowd lining the streets and in Newtown the crowd were booing the torch and chanting very loudly "more drugs in sport, more drugs in sport, more drugs in sport....". It was so funny even the cops were cracking up. lol.gif

I spent 4 months at the German Sports university studying Sport Management and spent a lot of time with people involved in the Testing Labs. This is where all tests are sent in Germany for analysing and their opinion was that 90% of athletes are on something, that you cant test for what you dont know is out there and that drugs will forever be in sport because of financial gains to those who win.

THG would not have been known about if it weren't for a coach finding a syringe and handing it over to authorities, who tested it, found an abnormality, devised a test to catch people who were cheating.

Its a war that wont be won but I hope they go down trying.

I'm an athlete in the Caffeine Olympics!

And also the Beer Biathlon, where you start on beer then move to chips and snacks.

In my dotage, I have dropped the Performance and now just go for the Enhancement.

MESSAGE TO YOUNG UNS:

8 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Bring Daddy a coffee would you thanks.

3:01 p.m. to midnight: Bring Daddy another beer would you thanks.

And to think I still hold the jr. high 1-mile-run record in Michigan!

\:D

Quote:
the jr. high 1-mile-run record in Michigan
That's impressive, bmig. What's your time?

Regarding the topic, I think basketball is alot easier after a few blunts...according to a friend of mine. ;\)

That's pretty impressive badmigrane! I ran track in HS, well, jumped track. Long and triple. No records though .... I still do hold the 3-point record for the southern oregon conference in basketball though! I rock!!

Seriously, drugs in sports are getting out of hand. It's a huge reason why I don't watch or support professional leagues in the US anymore. I only watch college athletics which itself is losing the battle. I have a lot of insider stories and these guys aren't innocent. I'd be hypocritical, though, if I didn't say that I did roids for 3 months. I did, and I got really big and maintained it for 3 years after the fact. They work, but hopefully my short time with them won't do any damage. I worked at a gym in San Diego for two years, and they were so easy to get. Lot's of body builders, college guys and SD chargers bought from the same guy I did. I lived with the seller and they'd come to the house often. I got out of it quick. I just didn't feel comfortable with it. My damn morals....

I may be smaller now, but a lot happier. Just not a fun life. I've seen it first hand and I always wonder....what do these guys do when they're 35, 40? The dream is over.

Stay clean kids. Pot is okay though \:\)