Great things to say at parties

Got this sent to me, a few days before our Christmas party.

-------

AVOID THE SEASONAL SPIRIT

A list of Christmas office party clangers has been unveiled with a seasonal warning to watch your Ps and Qs in front of the boss.

One tipsy new recruit asked the managing director of the company: "So, what do you do?"

And another smooth-talking employee confessed to a colleague: "I've been stalking you like a lion stalks an antelope."

Recruitment firm Office Angels warned that blundering attempts to break the ice at the Yule Tide do can often make the wrong kind of lasting impression with managers.

Other one-liners owned up to by the 1,500 employees polled by the company included the gems:

*You're much better looking than you sound on the phone, and

*I'm glad we chatted tonight because I didn't like you when I first met you.

Office Angels managing director Paul Jacobs said: "Despite the off duty atmosphere of the parties, employees should be aware that any indiscreet or embarrassing comments are likely to be noted and can have an impact in the future."

I gotta say... one of the few things I admire about Japanese corporate culture is the clear division between professional time and casual time.

Nice to be able to let loose and at a company party without having your coworkers gossip about how you danced naked with a lampshade on your head at the company party the night before.

Quote:
> "I've been stalking you like a lion stalks an antelope."

That sounds like something SKI would say.
:rolleyes: ....yeah, right! Someone near to that guy take a pin and burst his bubble will ya? ;\)

Thats what they say isn't it.

I heard a lecherous boss say to an OL type at a party the equivelant of "lets shag" and she was just laughing it off. He'd have had a kick in the balls and a lawsuit the next day back home.

I think the "you can say anything when you're drunk here" thing is bullshit.

Many Japanese might feel much more freedom to say things more when they're drunk than in normal life, but in my (admittedly limited) experience what is said IS remembered. And can be used as evidence.

I had a guy try his Arnie line on me once at a party back at college. I'd never seen the guy, he came up to me - very drunk - and came out with his line...

"fancy a shag?" lol.gif

I burst out laughing, it was classic, never forget it.

The guy wasn't all that bad too, but he found it difficult to look me in the eye after that. I don't think he remembered it, but his friends did.

No-ones ever said such a thing to me, I'm jealous. It must have been class when they said that. You should have tormented him for years after. lol.gif