...by Cliff!

B0000YDXXC.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I'm hungry to hear the latest opus from "our Cliff". Deffo the Chrippy Number 1 in the UK. Go go cliff!

Anyone got their copy yet? Is it as good as it surely will be?

lol.gif

What a fabtastic title!

But he's going to have a hard time topping his other classic, Mistletoe and Wine. That is such a top tune.

--------

A review of the new one from Amazon (reprinted with permission).....

2003 has been a year when peace has been a word which everyone in the world wants to hear. It doesn't matter where one comes from its the main word for the future. This applies to millions of children who have no idea what shape there lives will take and just want some glimmer of hope, well this song Santa's List provides just that. It gives every person of every age the chance to look forward to some kind of hope and the possibity of a peaceful world.

Chris Eaton has excelled himself once again and provided us with another peace anthem. For those who don't remember Chris wrote Cliff's 1990 No1 Saviours Day.

The words and music are full of pure quality and keep you gripped from the moment you hear the introduction come at you. The whole song is very ear catching and really does make you stop and think about other people, especially those children who are less fortunate. In a year which has seen Iraq and Turkey suffering great losses, This song gives all people a glimmer of hope and peace.

Cliff is by no means trying to set the world to rights with this song, but offering a Christmas Song which is full of deep meaning and a song which really is the Anthem of 2003. Cliff always gives his listeners songs which go into the true meaning of Christmas and which provide very good seasonal listening.

Santa's List is another fine effort by Sir Cliff Richard OBE, who has these UK Chart records: 126 singles, 64 Top Ten Hits, No1s in 5 Decades,Longest Span of No1s by a British Artist 40 years from Living Doll in 1959 to The Millennium Prayer in 1999 and above all the only British Artist to have charted for 45 years since Move It in 1958. You know what quality to expect.

It's a sure record to be No1 this Christmas and to give Cliff his new UK chart record. He is the best and Santa's List proves it in a big way. "Let Me Tell You People It's Called Rock n Roll"

lol.gif

He's Sir Cliff Richard, holder of the prestigious Order of the British Empire (what empire? where?!), who has been thrilling the British with sappy songs since the 1960s. He has a colostomy, but is utterly charming nevertheless.

He's also an expert snowboarder and has just scored first tracks on that slope behind him to the right.

lol.gif

Sir Cliff.

We are not worthy.

Lovely chap.

Ocean very mistakenly neglected to mention that he is most definitely "wired for sound". (And he likes all different kinds of speakers - tall speakers, small speakers, etc - he loves 'em all... coz he's wired for sound).

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

I'm sorry gg, we mustn't assume anything when it comes to Sir Cliff. He's wired for sound, and he dresses in sheepskin to snowboard.

(There seems to be something wrong with his neck in that picture, but I expect he'll rebound. He always does.)

B00005BCHT.03.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

I like small speakers-I like tall speakers

If they’ve music-they’re wired for sound

Walkin’ about with a head full of music

Casette in my pocket and I’m gonna use it-stereo

-out on the street you know-woh oh woh...

Into the car go to work I’m cruisin’

I never think that I’ll blow all my fuses

Traffic flows-into the breakfast show-woh oh woh...

Power from the needle to the plastic

A.m.-f.m. I feel so ecstatic now

It’s music I’ve found

And I’m wired for sound

I was a small boy who don’t like his toys

I could not wait to get wired for sound

I met a girl and she told me she loved me

I said you love me then love means you must like what I like-

My music is dynamite-woh oh woh...

She said-I’m not a girl you put on at a stand by

I am a girl who demands that her love is amplified

Switch in to overdrive-woh oh woh

Power from the needle to the plastic

A.m.-f.m. I feel so ecstatic now

It’s music I’ve found

And I’m wired for sound

----

Now that is what you get a knighthood for.