Need 2 to have any fun. There are loads of good record stores all over Tokyo. There are a bunch packed together in the back half of Udagawacho in Shibuya.

I wish I had turntables in Japan, but they are a little big to haul around. For that matter, so are records, so I don't do too much shopping either.

It's been years since I've had one with me, but I wish I did. Do many records get released on vinyl these days?

enderzero - where do you actually live dude? ;\)

hmmmmmm, well that all depends... If "where I live" is where most of my stuff is than I live in a 5'x7' storage space outside of Seattle. If you mean where I sleep then right now that is not-quite-central Tokyo. It seems to change every couple months though.

Willasprink: Yeah, I get it in Japan. Tokyo is a digger's paradise. As ender mentioned, there are tons of shops situated very close together in Shiboooyow! I also had a bunch of vinyl shipped over when I moved here.

scouser: lots of artists (most?) release all of their material on vinyl these days. This is especially true for hip hop, reggae & dance music.

It's also possible to get alot of tracks on vinyl which are not available on CD.