• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also remember Koji saying that my "pillow Japanese" was better than average and that he didn't have much to teach me. This was after "the chair-lift incident".

The chair-lift incident was like this: We were sitting on a double chair-lift and he asked me: Is there anything in particular that you miss eating here and can't wait to get back home for?

I replied: Yes, mango.

Then he nearly kicked me off the lift. Of course that was because I pronounced that word with a "k" instead of one of those letters.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my JLPT 2kyu results back - I failed as expected \:\)

vocab = 58/100 (better than expected)

listening = 59/100 (much worse than expected, though t I got 90% on this!)

reading = 58/200 (as expected).

Much study ahead methinks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Markie:

The chair-lift incident was like this: We were sitting on a double chair-lift and he asked me: Is there anything in particular that you miss eating here and can't wait to get back home for?
I replied: Yes, mango.
Then he nearly kicked me off the lift. Of course that was because I pronounced that word with a "k" instead of one of those letters.
lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif
clap.gif clap.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
Markie you are a funny bugger!
Bushpig, you are half right.
Some may disagree with you whether I'm funny or not. No one will dispute the second part.

The JLPT results finally got released in HK yesterday, one month after they are released in Japan. I managed to barely pass my sankyuu. Funny thing is that for my yonkyuu my score was even less that what I got the year before.

Yeah, it was quite tiring. 3 the whole morning and 4 the whole afternoon. My section one and three in the Level 4 were almost perfect scores, just one mistake each, but I sucked big time on the section two (listening comprehension).

Thanks, NPM. It must have been nice to have crossed paths with Aiko san. I think Fattwins has seen her quite often in Hakuba. Maybe I'll get lucky and might bump into her when I'm in Hakuba next month. Even if not, I'm looking forward to catching up with Fattwins as well as CB and Toque.