ditch ya PC, get a powervook or iMac.

use imovie for simple stuff.

For advanced stuff use Final cut pro 3 or above.

Used Adobe Premiere for a long long time on PC. Shuts down & freezes all the time. made it a really time consuming task.

time to switch!

pinnacle studio

I've made up to a 45 minute video using this software on a PC. Yeah, had to find some work-arounds for some problems, but it's not too hard. My videos are pretty intensive too. Lots of cuts and fades and drops, etc...

I have no doubt that macs are the shit. the rest of the world just doesn't use them....yet. I've also heard some big problems with them. Who to believe? Jobs, the crazy Apple guy, or Gates, the crazy windows guy.

This windows supporter (defult user) reccomends that you get yourself a "free trial" of either adobe premiare or pinnacle studio. You download it from kazaa and then if you like it you have the option to buy it or...

I have a copy of Adobe Premiere somewhere. Will try to source it.

Plucky was talking about the Pinnacle Studio which i had heard good things about but if I remember correctly that it was very expensive. Software like taht requires certain DV cards that can be rather costly & extremely hard to get working.

Adobe Premier is a great prog. Its a little bit more difficult to use than iMovie because it's targeted for more of a professional market, but it's not too tough to learn the basics. It's a $700(usd) prog, so I would recommend getting yourself a free bittorrent client here and then getting the torrent file for premier here

;\)

Pinnacle Studio actually isn't all that expensive. Depending on the version you get, it's anywhere from 100 to 200 dollars. FT, you've already been capturing video, so I'm sure your capture card will work just fine. Are you using fire wire and a 1394IEEE port to get your vid in the computer? Even if you're not, you can get Pinnacle and a card bundled together for around 150 dollars or cheaper.

PM me if you'd like any specific details FT