No I don't like them much. I got one last summer so I could keep in contact with my clients while we moved, but it wasn't necessary.

Then I squashed it in a mountainboarding bing and it has misbehaved ever since. I think I've used it for a total of less than 1 full minute in over 8 months.

Now I'm thinking of replacing it as it's apparently necessary for contacting us in case H11 gets a runny nose at school. But if I have to have it, I'm curious about being able to take short videos of myself mountainboarding.

Assuming of course, that I can refrain from landing heavily on it...

Hence the question.

Anybody...?

Ocean, I have video in my phone. Its AU and was around 5,000 yen. Video isn&t that good and way small and the file is some strange file that I have never heard of.

If you want to take video buy a video camera. If you have a video camera and want to take stills, then buy a digital camera and so on. then you get the best quality.

Why don&t you try one of those small cameras that can clip on to your clothes, bindings etc? with a wide angle lense you will be laughing!

Thanks Indo.

The thing is, I really don't want to be carrying a video camera around and getting into the video editing lark with all the expense and likelihood of damage that entails.

I was thinking that if a mobile phone killed two birds with one stone, it might be worth looking into. If the quality is only just good enough, fine.

Anyways, I'll check out the phones in the shop, and keep my eyes open for clip-on cameras too. No hurry at the moment.

I noticed a new phone with a 2 megapixal camera advertised on TV last night-Tuka maybe? I have a 5 megapixal Sony cyber-shot camera which also has the type of video function you're talking about. The whole mobile phone camera/video thing is in a progression away from the gimmick side. I'd still go with the real thing for now.

I've seen that camera of mine for sale at around 2 man. It's a little cracker and no problem to carry in your pocket.

My friends got one. It really is shite. She just uses it to put the vsign and say "yeeeey" and send that to her mates, informing them that shes on her way to work.

Thanks for all the info.

Doesn't sound like a good idea. I don't even know why I want to take videos of me mountainboarding, but for some reason I do. I'll have to find some other means.