I'm planning on a 3 week or so holiday back to the UK over summer. Tried calling up the travel people yesterday and was told lots of flights already booked up and on waiting lists!!! I was really shocked at that, I thought this was still well early. Obviously not. Just thought I'd share that....best to get things sorted early maybe.

Try flynig with Lufthanser, they are usually pretty good at availabilities and is the cheapest I found as well. As long as you don`t mind a stop over in Frankfurt or Munich and some 6ft2 ex international shotput German Airhostess!!

Travel hero and No1 Travel usually have quite a lot of seats allocated, check the Japan Times for the offers, last year I flew in July at last minute got awsome deal.

I once went back via Kuala Lumpar.

It added a seriously large amount of hours to the journey. That way you basically fly down to Malaysia, wait 6 hours in the airport for the connection, then fly back up north - right up to near Japan!!! It was about 16 hours longer in total than usual eek.gif

I was absolutely knackered after that one and it is NOT recommended. I'll gladly spend even 50,000 yen more to avoid that tiresome nightmare again.

The weather last summer in the UK was wonderful. It has been good the last few summers actually. Hoping that this year is too.