This may well be a silly question! But here goes anyway.

It seems that I/my company did not pay a bill for services provided that dates way back about 5 years.

I do not recollect not paying (or paying for that matter), but also do not recollect ever being invoiced. But now all of a sudden invoices are coming.

What I want to know is ----- do I really have to pay this even if it is from so long ago and they did not bill me until now? (Its quite a lot and not budgeted for).

Here's hoping there might be some strange time-out!

Are they sending it again and again now that they have remembered, or is it just the one so far? Interesting. Good luck in not paying.

Quote:
Good luck in not paying.
There are of course a few legal technical issues you can raise based on what you said but if you can't remember if you have paid it isn't it a right thing to do to enquire if the debt is indeed payable and if so, pay it?

That would seem to be the "right" thing to do.

If I remember though, quite a few people didn't seem to mind not doing the right thing on some issues - ie going to places in resort where should not.

Maybe people just decide themselves which rules which to go by and which to ignoring?

I wonder what the "right thing to do" is in the following case:

http://www.skijapanguide.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=002726

lol.gif I have been refraining from commenting on the topic because, despite his shortcomings, I quite like db.

DB, do the right thing and pay it. I for one would be sorry to see you on the black list of the Japanese tax authority for such a petty amount of money.

The other question is, "Did the work actually get done?"

I have received invoices for what turns out to be something I never ordered and never received, but if you query it with the company they tell you it is a mistake.

For that you should demand an apology and if that's is forthcoming, report to the relevant consumer council.

If you are breaking things, you are (or were) not watching you are (or were) going.