It seems that directors in Hollywood cant come up with anything to top the Matrix/LOTR trilogies so they start to remake movies like the Ring and now Shall We Dance?

www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2635582

With Richard Gere as well? Right, that will be a blockbuster :rolleyes: Next, we can expect Disney to start doing Mononokehime and Naoshika...

Rachael,

Zattoichi was a brilliant movie - at least I really enjoyed it even with all the blood and gore. Not nearly as numbing as Kill Bill which I didnt enjoy that much... Is that movie being released in the States or being "Redone?" If Hollywood starts remaking those kinds of flicks then Japan might as well start doing Westerns!

Worm,

I saw it in Japanese and loved it! If you havent seen it then rent it... but it probably doesnt have subtitles? Somebody on this forum was saying there is a program on the net where you can create/download subtitles or something like that. Maybe it was Bobby12?

Dale,

I would say the movie is based on jokes and humor. Takeshi has an interesting style - I would even say that B.R. was full of humor, albeit grotesque.

For which Tap Dancing scene do you mean? The final scene? I thought it was ok. The dancing was kinda cool. I really liked the tap dancing in the rice field about halfway through it better if I remember correctly - the music reminded me of something from Studio Ghibli, maybe Mononokehime, and was harmonious with their movements. Id like to see it again. I thought the final matsuri dancing was too long.

I think Takeshi likes to play with your emotions and senses. What was up with that retard running around?? I just couldnt stop laughing at that... lol.gif