Sometimes I go to pub in Tokyo, but I don't know if it is really like pub in England or Ireland. Is it? And when busy much standing for drinking is interesting. Do you mind standing?

It sure does. And I was seriously knackered on Sunday. Not a terrible hangover, but very tired and not up for anything apart from sleep and eat. Good night.

i prefer to sit down. much more relaxing, and less chance of some `yob` knockin ya and spill a drink on ya.

there`s nothin stoppin ya from talkin to tha peeps on tha next table either. and if yar not holdin ya drink in ya hand, ya tend to drink slower. i.e. dont get AS phissed (as fast) also, much better for social interaction, cos ya not IN each others face- as it were... just a thought

I'm with you there, powwwers... give me a table anyday, and, er, garcon? Waiter service is a must, if I want to serve myself i'll stay at home!

On a recent trip back home I visited my cousins pub in Bristol, so got the great English pub AND waiter service, a winning combination for sure.

I really really miss good pubs.

When I go back, I spend a lot of time with my mates in pubs. There are for sure lots of shit ones, but the good ones are a treasure.

If anyone ever going to Liverpool, let me know and I'll point you in the direction of some amazing nights out.