anyone into wakeboarding?

i need something to do now that im back in singapore (other than study for exams and all)

i wakeboarded before i learnt to snowboard and i was pretty crap but im thinking of taking it up again in a hope that my snowboarding skills will be able to help my wakeboarding.

whats the transition like from

snowboarding->wakeboarding? will snowboarding be an advantage when i go to wakeboard? with the similar stance and all.

We wake behind our jet skis all the time. The hardest part of wakeboarding is learning how to stand up. Not at all like water skiing. Once you're up though, if you can snowboard, surf or skate, then you probably have the balance to wake too. Carving is somewhat similar to snowboarding though if you use a board with fins, you'll find it easier to learn.

The best thing about wakeboarding is falls don't hurt as much as they do when snow boarding...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
Tell that to my mate who cracked a rib wakeboarding...
tell that to the japanese girl i lived with who broke her pelvis snowboarding ;\)

[when the season is over i will venture to ask about injuires]

I love wakeboarding even though I've only been out 3 times. Standing up is definately the hardest part-I find it very similar to snowboarding in a lot of ways. My brother in law has a boat licence and access to a boat so I hope to get out as often as possible this summer.

its a pretty expensive hobby unless you know someone with a board and boat. really popular in singapore and at my school. i have a friend who is dating the singapore junior wakeboard champion. maybe he could hook me up with some tips, discounts etc.

I have tried wakeboarding once and it is super fun. The cost involved must be horrendous but you get to see different parts of the river and lake system than you do if you surf but the actually "standing up" time is a lot longer. My arms were ****** dead by the end of the day though.